Garage Door Control Activating 2 Lamp Modules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garage Door Control Activating 2 Lamp Modules

Well... this is frustrating. I received a starter kit (hub and two lamp dimmer modules) for Christmas, as well as a garage door controller. The hub is running on Android OS. Everything installed and operated correctly, until I installed the garage door kit. Now both of the lamp modules operate whenever I hit the "ON" button in the app to open the garage door. I have removed all of the devices from the hub at one point or another, set the I/O module back to factory settings, unlinked everything in both directions, but the two lamp modules still come on. I have gotten 3 more lamp modules, which are installed and added to a scene that includes the original two lamp modules as well. If I activate the garage door through the app, only the two lamp modules activate, not the entire scene.
    I'm sure I'm missing something simple, I just can't figure this one out. One other thing, the lamp modules activate with the switch, not the sensor, there is no delay if I hit the "OFF" button for the garage, the lights go right out.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

I followed your instructions, and I was 50% successful. One lamp module now operates correctly, it's no longer linked to the garage door... the other one, no change. I even moved it to the pass- through outlet on the I/O, to save some steps... and it will not unlink. A bad module maybe?

Comment

I'll do that now - thanks! Just to throw a curve-ball in the mix, I'm now back to two lamp modules linked to the IOLinc again, the one from before that never unlinked, and now one of the new ones that was working properly. I have not touched it through all of this... not sure how it liked by itself. Going to be bald soon from pulling hair out.
      Thanks again for your help... off to do another factory reset of both of these modules.

Comment

Success! I think I got it... I did a factory reset to the two lamp modules after removing them from the hub, then just added them back to the hub with no details. I actuated the garage door and both of them stayed off. I then named them like I wanted, and added them to the scene again, and so far... no issues. Very weird.

Thanks again for your help... hopefully I'll be able to contribute something of my own as I get more into this.

Comment

Working...
        X