Unable to Add IOLinc 2450: Cannot Determine Device LInk Table Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Add IOLinc 2450: Cannot Determine Device LInk Table Address

I am trying to install an IOLinc 2450 in my fireplace to remotely turn on-off but can't get the device to register on my ISY994 while plugged into the outlet within the fireplace box. The fireplace box outlet is on the same circuit as the rest of the plugs in the same room. I tried registering the device using the other plugs in the wall on the same circuit but again the ISY994 was unable to 'see' the device. I get alternating messages of unable to determine insteon engine and the cannot determine device link table address.
    I was able to register the device when plugged into other home outlets on the same floor but on different circuits.
    All circuits I tried are on the same breaker box.
    Is there anything I can do?
    Last edited by tko85; 11-28-2017, 07:07 PM. Reason: dded results from troubleshooting: other plugs on same circuit don't 'see' the IOLinc either. But plugs on other circuits do.

What else is on the same circuit as the fireplace box? If you're not sure, then turn off the breaker for the fireplace and see what else loses power. Plug-in power supplies are especially troublesome.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

As per TFitzpatri8's recommendation, I added a dual-band Insteon On/Off Module to the same circuit as the fireplace box and that resolved the issue. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X