Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I/O not working

Hello,

I just got a IO module but when I plug it in and hold the set button it doesn't do anything. It doesn't flash or beep. I tried resetting it by holding the set button and plugging it back in and still nothing going I held the button down for 39 seconds and no led flash or beep. Is it dead? Should I return it or does anyone have ever any other ideas?

it is sounding like the unit might be bad. older Insteon products didn't have the audible beep but newer ones do. I would have the unit replaced if its within the warranty period.

Comment

When you plug it in and the Set Button is not being held. The LED on the side should be On dim if the relay is Off and bright if the relay is On.
      Tapping the set button should toggle the relay On and Off.

If unplugged for at least fifteen seconds then plugged in with the Set Button being held. The LED will be off and it will start to beep. Continuing to hold the Set Button after the beeping stops then released it should double beep the the LED goes on dim and the LED flash bright.

If yours never beeps, the LED is Off and the relay doesn't go On and Off.
      I would say dead.

Is it by chance a Refurbished model? I have had mixed results with them.
      Last edited by BLH; 08-12-2017, 11:58 AM.

Comment

No not refurbished, it seems new is says version 2.4 on the back. Yeah it doesn't do anything. I got it from Amazon guess I will return it and get another. Thanks for confirming for me that it is bad.

Comment

It does sound bad.
          I picked up a few of the 2822-292 Retail Labeled ones and they are V2.3. So the 2.4 would be more recent.

Comment

Working...
          X