I/O Link Unwanted Cross Linking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I/O Link Unwanted Cross Linking

I have 35 devices in my network. All work fine except my 4 I/O Link units that control my garage doors and basement lights. These worked fine for the past year until about week ago when they spontaneously all become cross linked. Select any one and they all operate. I had some of this happen during the initial setup and solved it by force removing the units from the hub and reinstalling them. It was a long frustrating process but eventually it worked.

Does anyone have an idea of what's going on here and an easy way to remove the cross linking? I've powered the hub and iPad and iPhone apps. This made no difference. Hub is a model 2245-222 running IOS app version 1.15.0 Build 330 on IOS version 10.2.1. I have not been doing any configuration work for months and there have not been any power interruptions.

I am having the same issue, started very recently. I have (2) I/O Linc units that control my garage doors. They are part of several separate scenes to control lights and enable door control from keypads, but the I/O Lincs themselves have never been part of the same scene.

Hub is a 2245-222, running iOS for Hub v 1.15.0 Build 330 as my primary controller as well, but I also have occasional use of the Insteon for Hub App for Windows 10 Tablet.

I am having the following behavior::
    All existing scenes appear to work fine. This includes keypad control of assigned scenes, and scene control from within the Hub iOS app, and Windows App.

Any time either I/O Linc Device is directly activated from the IOS app, all I/O Lincs trigger simultaneously. (both garage doors open or close)
    If an I/O Linc Device is directly activated from the Windows 10 app, I receive a "Connection to Hub: Failed" message, or no response whatsoever.

There is definitely something funky going on with I/O Lincs and the latest round of updates. I'll be sending a copy of this post to Insteon Support.

Also, this behavior is new, with NO adjustments/programming related to scenes in the past few weeks. The behavior literally just 'started' one day. These same devices and scenes had been working daily without issue for almost a year prior. Unfortunately, I don't know which day it started up, but had to be sometime in the past couple weeks; I use the App for direct door control only about once a week or so.

Quick run down of my setup:
    (2) I/O Lincs, Garage Door Large and Garage Door Small
    Settings are the same on both:
    Momentary Latching, 0.80s duration
    On or Off closes relay
    Sensor Triggers relay NO
    Check Sensor before Triggering NO
    Sensor Sends Off when Closed

(2) Scenes for Control (Large and Small, set up same with different keypad buttons):
    Control Garage Door Large
    (2) keypads, Button B on each as Controller,
    Garage Door Large as Responder

(2) Scenes for Monitoring and Lights (Large and Small, set up same, with different keypad buttons)
    Garage Door Large Lights
    (2) keypads, Button B on each as Responder (I/O Linc Sensor triggers the keypad backlight - Keypad buttons are set to Always Off)
    Garage Lightswitch as responder (I/O Linc Sensor triggers overhead garage lightswitch)
    Last edited by Steveo369; 01-30-2017, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your post Steveo369. Nice to know it's not just my setup. Our setups are pretty much identical except I don't use scenes with my I/OLink units. Also, while I have the Windows 10 Insteon app installed, I don't use it.

I see where there was an update to the IOS Insteon for Hub app on Jan 26, 2017. That may be the source of the problem as it's the only thing that has changed and I see from description of the update item 7 affected I/OLinc operation.

Comment

I just sent an email to tech support on this issue. I'm going to hold off trying any fixes until I hear back from them. My fear is that it's not just a matter of unlinking the devices and thus a good chance of messing up the network database in the process and I'd have to totally reset and rebuild my network. That would not be a fun exercise. We could use some better tools to manage the configuration process and deal with issues like this.

Comment

Originally posted by pcassidy View Post
          I just sent an email to tech support on this issue. I'm going to hold off trying any fixes until I hear back from them. My fear is that it's not just a matter of unlinking the devices and thus a good chance of messing up the network database in the process and I'd have to totally reset and rebuild my network. That would not be a fun exercise. We could use some better tools to manage the configuration process and deal with issues like this.
          FYI, it appears that a user on the SmartHome forums did call Insteon Support and they are aware of the issue.
          (Apologies for the cross-post link, but wanted to update the topic)
          http://forum.smarthome.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18684

Comment

I can confirm that this issue was *resolved* with the update to the iOS Insteon for Hub app (v1.15.1, 2017-02-15). Thanks to Insteon for the update.

Comment

Working...
            X