No announcement yet.

Can't use I/O with Amazon Echo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pokefan, which Hub do you have, The I/O Linc is compatible with the 2242-222 and 2245-222. Devices supported by the 2243-222 Hub are determined by what Apple permits.

Also, the I/O Linc is for low voltage applications. The On/Off device is for line voltage devices. Which do you want to control?
    Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
    MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
    Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum.

Comment

I have the 2245-222 hub. I am successfully controlling my fireplace with the IO Linc and the Android Insteon app. I'm just not able to use Alexa to control the fireplace (and fan with a Scene).

Comment

Originally posted by pokefan View Post
        I have the 2245-222 hub. I am successfully controlling my fireplace with the IO Linc and the Android Insteon app. I'm just not able to use Alexa to control the fireplace (and fan with a Scene).
        It's already been established within this post that the iolinc is not supported to be able to be used with Alexa

Comment

Originally posted by lilyoyo1 View Post

It's already been established within this post that the iolinc is not supported to be able to be used with Alexa
          I was adding my frustration/opinion to the thread.

Comment

So you can manually link the i/o with a light switch and alexa would not know about the link ,right?
            She would just carry out the on/off command

Comment

• TFitzpatri8
              TFitzpatri8 commented
              Editing a comment
              Only the device you controlled would respond. Insteon signals don’t cascade from one responder to its linked responders.

Originally posted by lilyoyo1 View Post
            Once again no one said it was broken. I said it was chosen not to be supported. Before making accusations and assumptions read exactly what I wrote. Yes things are broken due to that. It's possible that may change. They made a decision and I'm simply repeating what was stated to me. I don't give a damn whether you believe it or like it.
            Popin off at da mouf

Comment

Working...
            X