Add I/O Linc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dewie View Post
    The I/O Linc does not need to have anything connected to it in order for it to be linked to the Hub. The internal electronics don't care if it is connected to anything (The relay will still function and the sensor simply thinks the circuit is always open all of the time).

What stusviews is suggesting is the following (and I THINK you have already tried some of this):

- If you are having difficulty getting the I/O Linc to connect to the hub plug the I/O Linc in to the same outlet as the Hub without a power bar or UPS (take the I/O Module in to the house where the hub is located)
    - Link the I/O Linc to the Hub.
    *If you are unable to do so by following the linking procedure then it is possible there is a problem with your I/O Module.
    - When the I/O Linc Module is connected and you can confirm it works (you can hear the relay click inside of it when you turn it on/off) then move the device to the garage.
    - If you are still experiencing connectivity issues then you can explore the use of the range extender.

Ultimately If you can not make the I/O Linc work when it is connected to the same circuit as the Hub then there may be a problem with the I/O Linc module.
    If it works when located on the same circuit as the Hub but not when you move it to the garage then you have other (communication) problems and we can address that after.

I see in your other posts that you have other modules that work properly, I think it is likely safe to say that you're familiar with the linking procedure and the new I/O Module simply is not connecting properly, try one more time to connect it very close (I found when pressing the "set" button on the I/O module I had to hold it for a few seconds to get it in a pairing mode)
    You say "The I/O Linc does not need to have anything connected to it in order for it to be linked to the Hub"
    I tried to add a new I/O Linc to the Hub, but I don't. I don't know I make a wrong step?

Comment

Which devices have you added to the Hub?
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

My power is 120VAC, 50Hz, is it the main reason?

Comment

Yes. That's the only reason. The I/O Linc is for 60Hz only.
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

I have this exact issue with hubII. Got my hub plugged into same outlet as the IOLink and won't see it but beeps to each other likes its talking but doesn't see it. What can I do.

Comment

If you have the exact issue, that is, 50Hz electric, then the reason is exactly the same.

Comment

I live in Minnesota USA. I think it's 60hz. All other devices work right away.

Comment

The I/O Linc is powerline only. What's the result if you plug the Hub into the I/O Linc pass-through outlet?

Comment

When I tested plugging the hub right into the pass through outlet, the hub app still wouldn't see it. After giving up assuming the device was bad. I thought about a thread I read about noise. Unplugged everything in the garage and didn't work. Then soon as I unplugged the genie 1000 garage door motor. Wah la! It works without a hitch. Now the problem ended up being is I can not have the motor plugged in which I then can't control it. I trouble shot unplugging components like the garage door openers and nothing helped. I decided to add my insteon dual band outlet into the garage and that seemed to repeat the signal strong enough to over power the noise I guess and so far it has been working like clock work. Maybe someone has a reason why it works this way but all I know is it does. I would of thought bringing the hub right into the garage and bypassing my breaker panel in the garage would do it but it didn't.

Comment

Added note all dual band devices work passed my breaker panel in the garage so assuming they do only because it's using rf to talk from the house to the garage.

Comment

I plugged both our Genie GDOs into a FilterLinc. BTW, I always keep a spare FilterLinc around, just in case

Comment

I will have to try that and see how it works out for me! Thanks

Comment

Hello all, good news! I had the same problem. Nothing would make my i/o linc to be added to the hub. Tried everything, even plugging both device (hub and i/o linc) side by side in the wall... Then, when I was about to give up, I put back the i/o linc in the garage, plug in all cables back to it (pay attention to fit all cables perfectly in! you should have the : 1-sense 2-ground 3-n/c (not sure here, it's the one left from com port) and finally 4-com plugged in...). Then, i pressed and hold one last time the i/o linc button for the setup, but this time I tried adding "OTHER DEVICE" in the app instead of using "i/o linc"... TADA! 2 seconds later the i/o linc was added and I could open/close my garage door!

Comment

Working...
                            X