Add I/O Linc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add I/O Linc

I have a I/O Linc, but I don't add it into the Hub by Houselinc or App on my phone. I tried many ways, but I don't add it. Can you guide me.

The I/O Linc is powerline only. Other than the Hub, what dual-band devices do you have installed?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I add a Open/Close sensor, switch linc, switch dimmer, motion sensor. I don't know your mean.

Comment

If I want to add the I/O Linc, how must I do? I use I/O Linc for Garage Door.

Comment

I think I/O Linc is a Insteon device, like a SwitchLinc, it has Insteon ID, I think so. Can you guide me to add it. Thank you!
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

You are correct. The I/O Linc is an Insteon device. What are all the other Insteon devices the you own? What is the model number of your Hub?
            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

My Hub: 2242-222
              I/OLinc 2450
              I can add other devices into the hub, but I can't add the I/O Linc into hub.

Comment

What are all the other Insteon devices?

Comment

My devices include:
                  - Hub 2242-222,
                  - SwitchLinc 2477S,
                  - SwitchDimmer 2477D,
                  - Keypad 8 button,
                  - Micro Open/Close 2444-222,
                  - Camera HD Out door,
                  - Camera in door,
                  - Motion Sensor 2842-222,
                  - I/O Linc 2450
                  I'll buy other devices.

Comment

Locate the I/O Linc so that it is physically close to a SwitchLinc or the Hub and then try to add it to the Hub.

Comment

I want to add I/O Linc to the Hub, I have just plugged I/O Linc to the power, or I must attach motor (or other devices) to I/O Linc?

Comment

Nothing needs to be connected to the I/O Linc to add it to the Hub. Also the I/O Linc is a low voltage device. The maximum load it can control is 5 Amps @ 30 Volts, but it can be linked as an Insteon device controller.

Keep it green in '15

Comment

I plug the Hub and I/OLinc into A OUTLET POWER, but I can't add I/OLinc to the hub.

Comment

Plug the I/O Linc into the same duplex receptacle as the Hub and then try to add it. BTW, which icon are you selecting to add the I/O Linc?

Comment

1. I plug a ranger extend to the I/O Linc.
                              2. I select I/O Linc icon for add.

Comment

Working...
                              X