Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sudden loss of i/o linc control with android app.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sudden loss of i/o linc control with android app.

The android software has just stopped controlling the I/o linc today. Previously there has been lots of problems with phase issues but I've since resolved those issues.
    I'm not sure what to do because its a lot of work to reset. The Homeseer plugin says 100% communication and can control i/o linc fine, so resetting doesn't make sense.
    Any thoughts?

updated :
    Scenes creation works.
    Last edited by ttantalo; 01-21-2018, 08:27 AM. Reason: update

You need to properly diagnose the situation (resetting is key in most situations) however, i/olincs have been know to take a dump. So consider replacing the i/olinc.
    Because I said so.
    Regards,
    B-ran

Comment

Really because you said so ? lilyoyo1 you see this behavior ?
      I need help here !

Comment

Not falling for it ttantalo. Please leave !

Comment

ttantalo

Basic troubleshooting needed.
          Start with unit numbers and firmware revisions of all hardware/software involved.
          What have you tried before asking for help?
          Just because something is "a lot of work to reset" that doesn't mean it's not the correct course to follow.
          From what you say above, it sounds like the android app is giving trouble, but without YOU looking into it there's nothing someone else can do without simply guessing.

See, I can be entirely helpful without abuse; how about you try something without being abusive when you don't get the answer you want instead of the factual response you get?

Comment

Originally posted by Beelocks View Post
            ttantalo

Basic troubleshooting needed.
            Start with unit numbers and firmware revisions of all hardware/software involved.
            What have you tried before asking for help?
            Just because something is "a lot of work to reset" that doesn't mean it's not the correct course to follow.
            From what you say above, it sounds like the android app is giving trouble, but without YOU looking into it there's nothing someone else can do without simply guessing.

See, I can be entirely helpful without abuse; how about you try something without being abusive when you don't get the answer you want instead of the factual response you get?
            No abuse thank you!

Comment

Why bother with the added comment?

Comment

Originally posted by ttantalo View Post
                Why bother with the added comment?
                Your reputation.

Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
                Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
                X