Help with Dimmer Switch and Insteon LED Bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Dimmer Switch and Insteon LED Bulbs

So my house was wired with existing dimmers and incandescent bulbs... I just bought all PAR38 bulbs to replace them, for now I just wired my switches out of the equation with an always on wiring situation... But I would still like the convenience of being able to dim or brighten from the wall switch area...

On page 18 of http://cache.insteon.com/documentation/2674-222-en.pdf , #3 shows "Connect the Dimmer Switch wires to the identified wires in the junction box. The red load wire is not used and, instead, capped. Verify that the wire nuts are secure and that no exposed copper W wire is visible except for the bare ground wire."

Is the above referring to an Insteon Dimmer switch? If so by wiring in this way is it basically not truly a switch but an insteon commander?

What I am looking for at my wall plate is a way to be able to toggle the Insteon LED lights from either state (if they are on turn off, and if they are off turn on) but I also want to be able to adjust the current brightness up or down on the fly (Like the ToggleLinc Dimmer for Inc bulbs does)

Thanks for the help,
    -Derek
Working...
X