Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2864-232 Keeps sending emails with screen shots, even with NO coverage area selected.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2864-232 Keeps sending emails with screen shots, even with NO coverage area selected.

Ok the NEXT fiasco i am dealing with is emailing snapshots. The camera has a mind of its own. I've been troubleshooting this issue for 3 days. Trying to get it to just email me the detection areas I want monitored. The camera sends me emails with snapshots constantly. I've tried all different settings from lowest to high. I've tried narrowing down the surveyed space so that NO blocks are selected in the "detected area". That's right. I have NOTHING selected in the "set detection area" and the thing is STILL sending me emails.

Now before you suggest disabling the alarm function so it stops sending emails, remember, this item was purchased FOR SURVEILLANCE !!!!!!!!!

I want it to work properly.

I have an indoor Trendnet camera that works absolutely flawlessly in all respects. This shouldn't be rocket science... Come on Insteon... Step up to the plate. !!!!! detection.jpg

I think I got the answer to this issue.

The manual is VERY VERY poorly written. It leads you to believe that the CLEARED boxes on the detection screen are the monitored areas. And that the red x'd ones are not Monitored, when (according to the tech support person I called) it is the RED X'd boxes that are the detection area.

Further on page 63 it says "snapshots" ,must be enables to send email pics. Not true.

I guess I'm kind of surprised that no one from Smarthome/Insteon could read my post, see my picture and assist me. Seems like it was a very obvious solution.

Or they could fix the online version of the manual to be more specific.

Comment

This is a User to User type forum
      Smarthome and Smartlabs rarely post answers. Though they may read the posts.

Comment

I have a similar problem....Camera sends too many emails....sends e-mail for motion in areas I set as no detection (un-hatched - not red)???? Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
        X