New Wifi Outdoor HD Camera NOT connecting to New Insteon Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Wifi Outdoor HD Camera NOT connecting to New Insteon Hub

The devices below were all just shipped from SmartHome (December 2014) so I'm pretty sure they are the latest models.

Trying to connect my new Wifi Outdoor HD Camera (model # 2864-232) to my new Insteon Hub (model # 2245-222). I have three of these cameras so I know it's not an isolated issue. I have followed all of the instructions as best as I could possibly follow. The Hub software shows "Multiple Cameras Found" and shows my camera, but when I select any of the cameras, it shows the camera name and the iport info (i.e., camera 5555 http://10.0.0.32:0). When I click on the camera, the software then asks for login / password. I type them in (already having changed them when requested from the browser software) it immediately says "ERROR: The user name or password for this camera is incorrect". I have tried every login/password combination possible, even the defaults to no avail...

I have two older Insteon Wireless IP Cameras (model # 75790) that have connected just fine.

I've also tried the Manual Setup putting in both the IP and using Port 0, or the Port 34100 that the IP Camera Tool says I should be using, but using this method, I can't even get it to find the camera.

On a side note: I did try calling tech support, but after being on hold for 40 minutes already, the voice said "current wait time: 20 minutes". My phone was dying so I had to give up.

Other issues I'm having with these new cameras:

- Plug in for Chrome crashes. Simply can't use cameras and software with Chrome. Internet Explorer works fine.
    - I have three of these cameras. One is crystal clear image, the other two blurry (distinctivly much blurrier than the one). How do I adjust focus?
    - I have set my recording path but can't seem to gain access to it (via internet explorer). How can I fix this?
    - Firmware / Interface software Upgrade? Everything in the documentation refers to my old cameras and I can't seem to find anything on how to upgrade these new ones.
    - New Camera interface is getting there (much better than the old camera interface), but still lacking for recording, scheduling, etc.... Insteon hub is great for viewing cameras, but not for scheduling etc... Is there a good software that can manage all the cameras?

I'll list all of these issues in other topics so they can be addressed individually.

same camera. Cannot connect but three others connect fine...

Comment

Working...
    X