E-Mails for Sound Detection working, but none for Motion Detection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-Mails for Sound Detection working, but none for Motion Detection

I had to reset my Insteon 75790 as it stopped seeing my wireless network. After setting everything up, it sends me an e-mail when it detects sound, but will not send anything when there is motion in front of the camera.

My settings are as follows:
    Motion Detection Alarm - CHECKED
    Motion Detection Sensitivity - 10
    Motion Compensation - CHECKED

SOUND Detection Alarm - CHECKED
    SOUND Detection Sensitivity - 8

SEND MAIL ON ALARM - CHECKED
    UPLOAD IMAGE ON ALARM - NOT CHECKED
    SCHEDULER - CHECKED and SET ALL has all days and hours highlighted in blue.

Is there a setting missing that is preventing the motion alarm from sending e-mails? It's odd that the SOUND alarm works, but motion is not.

Thanks!

Try un-check motion compensation.

Comment

There are some troubleshoots to solve motion detection problem:

Make sure you have enable and reconfigure the motion detection in your desktop software or mobile apps.

Monitoring software or apps play a role in motion capture and motion alert triggers. So update the monitoring software or apps.

Change camera's placement or pointing angle, avoid placing motion detection security cameras behind the glass window, do place wireless motion sensor security cameras closer to a WiFi router or hotspot.

Updating security camera firmware or firmware of cameras to the latest version could fix potential bugs that have been meddling with the motion detection or push notification.

If you did all above and the problem is still there, readjust sensibility and change other motion detection settings like increasing sensibility to object size, increasing contrast to the max, resetting Geo-fencing, resetting motion detection schedule or resetting threshold level.

Hope this will help you, If the problem is still remains, consult with a CCTV installation company or consult with technical support team.
      Wetter Solutions is the top security system supplier in Orlando. We offer services to a wide range of CCTV cameras installation to Home and Business.
      CCTV installation companies

Comment

Originally posted by SeanM View Post
        Try un-check motion compensation.
        Then you get lots of false alarms, no?

Comment

I read somewhere to uncheck upload image on alarm, but when I did I get 5 images with no signs of motion at random times. This makes no sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ttantalo View Post

Then you get lots of false alarms, no?
            Then you would just use the sensitivity drop down to set it from 1-10 10 being the most sensitive.

Comment

Originally posted by ttantalo View Post
              I read somewhere to uncheck upload image on alarm, but when I did I get 5 images with no signs of motion at random times. This makes no sense to me.
              Yes. Upload image on alarm changes the send path from SMTP to FTP so when you unchecked it you started to get the images via email. The camera is set up to send 5 shots of what it sees about 1 second apart so that is normal.

Comment

Working...
              X