Question about the 75790WH model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about the 75790WH model

I purchased 2 of these cameras and the Insteon hub 2 years ago and was able to use it remotely watch live feed of my home. I remember wanting to to set up an alert, preferably with an image, if it had sensed motion. I can't for the life of remember why I couldn't but I vaguely remember that I either needed a DVR or a motion sensor. I now have a landlord who believes they have the right to enter my home without notice whenever they please and would like to set something up that would notify me in the event that they do.

In doing some research, the specs seem to indicate that the camera is capable of sensing motion but the Amazon reviews contridict each other on whether this is the case or an alert with or without an image can be sent. Can someone confirm if my current system is capable? Can it also be used to snap a pic and/or send an alert if I purchased and set up a scene with the Insteon open/close door device?

As for storing captured content, could I use a PC as a DVR? This camera doesn't appear to have an SD card slot based on the specs (I haven't dug it out of storage yet to visually confirm). What other options do I have here?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

A landlord usually has the right the enter a tenant's apartment, but unless it's an emergency, they must provide advance notice. You municipality probably has a renters division. Contact them.

The camera requires that you add and SD card can keep IE open in order to record, but the camera is capable of sending an email and a photo when motion is detected. See the on-line Owner's Manual.

You cannot use any external device to cause the camera to snap a picture.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Okay thanks. It might be easier for me just to purchase a new camera for this purpose then. I don't have a desktop and my laptop usually is with me. Additionally, I found the camera and it does not appear to have an SD card slot either.

As for the landlord... I've been a renter of 14 years, this being only the second time directly from the homeowner so I've gotten to know my state's rental laws very well, apparently better than my landlord. We had been discussing a time for an annual inspection and a I had needed to reschedule. They were fine with that but mentioned they're doing it as a courtesy since as landlords, they're welcome to enter as they wish.

Comment

Working...
      X