Cannot see the camera from the Windows 10 app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot see the camera from the Windows 10 app

The Windows 10 app will not find the camera (HD indoor camera 2864-222). I can get to it fine with a browser.

That camera is not compatible with the Windows app.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

That isn't what the app says in the store. It says "View / Control INSTEON IP Cameras (SD and HD)". I've attached a screen shot.
      Attached Files

Comment

See compatibility with the Windows app: http://www.insteon.com/support-knowl...rm?rq=2245-222
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Well, that sucks because I bought this because of what it says on the store app page. Guess I will send this back.

Comment

Just curious...which browser were you using to view the camera with Win10? I've tried 4 different ones, and no luck actually seeing the video

Comment

Use ie 11 and download the add-on when requested. Do not use Windows Edge.

The add-on allows viewing as well as settings.

Comment

You can use Edge, but choose the "Firefox, Chrome, Safari" option since it's actually (fairly) standards compliant (unlike IE).
                Hub: Hub 2 (39:35:10) | Phones: Samsung Galaxy S7 (Android 8.0) | Insteon devices: 25+

Comment

I don't know if it is an update, but I have the same camera and it shows up just fine on the windows 10 app. I see all my cameras and can pan/tilt etc.

Comment

Any hd camera should have a separate apps.
                    YI Store is the official store of YI Technologies, Inc. Browse our products from mirrorless camera, action camera, home camera, dash camera, and accessories.

Comment

No HD for Windows app is ridiculous. Makes me want to drop Insteon.

Comment

Insteon is a home automation protocol. Cameras are not a part of that protocol nor of nearly any home automation protocol. Cameras are, in fact, an add-on to home automation.

OTOH, I fully agree, it should be supported.

But I'm not going to give up a flexible HA system when I can easily get the proper app for the cameras, that is, an app designed specifically for cameras.

Or you can search for a camera app that also does home automation

Comment

Working...
                        X