Cannot see the camera from the Windows 10 app

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot see the camera from the Windows 10 app

The Windows 10 app will not find the camera (HD indoor camera 2864-222). I can get to it fine with a browser.

That camera is not compatible with the Windows app.
    Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
    MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
    Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum.

Comment

That isn't what the app says in the store. It says "View / Control INSTEON IP Cameras (SD and HD)". I've attached a screen shot.
      Attached Files

Comment

See compatibility with the Windows app: http://www.insteon.com/support-knowl...rm?rq=2245-222
        Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
        MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
        Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum.

Comment

Well, that sucks because I bought this because of what it says on the store app page. Guess I will send this back.

Comment

Just curious...which browser were you using to view the camera with Win10? I've tried 4 different ones, and no luck actually seeing the video

Comment

Use ie 11 and download the add-on when requested. Do not use Windows Edge.

The add-on allows viewing as well as settings.

Comment

You can use Edge, but choose the "Firefox, Chrome, Safari" option since it's actually (fairly) standards compliant (unlike IE).
                Hubs: Hub 1 (2AB:69), Hub 2 (39:35:10) | Phones: Microsoft Lumia 950, Windows 10 Anniv. Ed., HTC Evo 3D, Android 4.0, Apple iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2 | Insteon devices: 25+

Comment

I don't know if it is an update, but I have the same camera and it shows up just fine on the windows 10 app. I see all my cameras and can pan/tilt etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X