Remote IP for SD WFI camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote IP for SD WFI camera

I am having a terrible time of resetting my camera. Was working but a power interrupt caused a glitch with the camera.
    So I would like some advice and help in the procedure to find the remote IP for the camera. I do identify the main local IP but need to get the remote to access the camera from the internet remotely??? Can anyone advise. I did before but can't remember how???

Thanks in advance

Select Manuals

http://www.smarthome.com/insteon-757...ht-vision.html
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I am sorry but the manuals I have been through which do not answer my question. What you have suggested is of no help. Yes, I know Insteon has stopped supporting SD. What a crock that is after everyone bought these cameras?????? Still does not help anyone with the sort of issue I am dealing with. Perhaps you do not understand what it is I having problems with?????? In order to do port forwarding you must input the correct IP address and that is the remote IP.

Thanks anyway.

Comment

You can assign a port only to the camera's local (LAN) IP. Then, for off-site access, you log into you WAN IP address appending the local port that you assigned or you can use a service such as DynDNS of one of the free services.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Not sure I follow what you are suggesting. Am aware of the port assignment which I do using the Camera tool ??? Logging into the WAN IP??????
          Of the router????? Where????? Maybe this I why I am having trouble?????

Comment

Setting the port in the camera is only known to the camera and your LAN. To gain off-site access to the camera, you also need to forward the port in your router,

To log in from a browser at home your camera_IP_addressort. To log in from off-site enter your service_provider_IP_addressort.

Comment

OK !

I got it. A little strange for sure. I was using a Linksys router which I finally got the camera working via remote access. But then I switched the camera to a Bell Canada turbo hub. Different location. New ball game for sure. Had to input the Camera IP and port using static IP set up. Bell is not a lot of help with this kind of setup. Then with Ethernet cable in was able to access the Camera via the Hubs IP and port. Now the tricky part. Disconnected Ethernet cable from camera. Now we have to use the IP of the camera : with port. Bingo we had a go.

Thanks for your help and suggestions they helped me through this. Also learned a lot !

Comment

There are some troubleshoots for remotely access the IP cameras. You can follow these simple instructions:
                • Make sure your cameras are connected to the network.
                • Ensure all the ports of the network configuration are mapped to the Internet.
                • Open the firewall in the router to allow internet access to the camera.
                • If your computer has a firewall, proxy, ad-blocking software, anti-virus software or the like, try to temporarily disable them and connect the Server again.
                • Check your Web Server Settings and ensure that your user account has permission to access the cameras.
                • Make sure the cameras are compatible with the web browser you are using for remote viewing.

Hope this will help you.
                Last edited by Asher; 12-10-2017, 10:34 PM.
                CCTV installation companies

Comment

Working...
                X