Unable to add and sync Insteon 2864-226 with Insteon Hub 2245-222

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to add and sync Insteon 2864-226 with Insteon Hub 2245-222

i power the camera up and connected it to the router via ethernet. when i go to the app and start the process to add the camera. the camera is found, login info is requested and then the wireless connection process begins. after that i get stuck. i tried all 3 options, wifi+sec, wifi open and LAN. nothing works. after this process the camera can not be added or seen. not even via browser interface.
    i tried to circumvent the wireless setup process by setting up and connecting the camera to the wifi network before hand but when i go through the process in the app, it still asks to configure wireless for the camera.
    Thanks
    Last edited by razeldazel2; 03-26-2015, 10:34 PM. Reason: IP camera

Which app, Android, iOS, Windows?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

android and windows

Comment

I'm able to view the camera from the Windows app, but I already had added the camera to the hub using an iOS device. I don't have an Android device
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

so i need an iOS device?

Comment

I can't say. I don't have an Android device with which to test.

Comment

so problem still stand as is. no solution yet. i hope i find someone who can help

Comment

I have the same problem, with the Apple app not communicating with the Hub 2245-222, I am able to view the camera through the IP-camera tool via WIFI..but the App can not find the IP.
                I have set all my IP cameras to STATIC IP addressed so I would not have any problems...I was wrong...I' able to access my router settings, but can not access the Hub Settings....to see if its set wrong.....I have deleted the app and started over...to no avail.....still not working...I have other devices set, and they see those, but I can not add this camera......WHY?

Comment

Working...
                X