Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indoor HD IP cam 2864-226 Email alarms, but wont record.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indoor HD IP cam 2864-226 Email alarms, but wont record.

During live view, when I press the record button, it says "You have not right to access local recording path" I have an SD card in the camera, status shows it there with 3.6 gb available. Nothing ever shows up in playback. Even on manual record. Manual record gives same error as above "You have not right to access local recording path". See attached link for pics.

Also, I want to "alarm record" 2 seconds prior to an alarm and 10 seconds after. The function doesn't seem to work. Email alarm works fine, except I'd like more than 3 pic in each email .

Thoughts?

Thanks
    Last edited by pjw73nh; 12-19-2014, 11:15 AM. Reason: Additional info

Update: Still no results. Additionally, the SD card now says there is some space used. Yet going to playback yields an empty page. Going to SD Card management, starts the internet and errors out....

Comment

Update here is the blank playback page...

Comment

I am having a very similar issue with my camera (75790WH) sending an email with images, but no recording on my local computer (running IE). I have an email into Insteon and awaiting to hear back.

In regards to the SD card, sometimes the lock switch slides to the lock position when inserting into the computer. I have had this issue before when trying to save data to an SD card. Make sure that the SD card lock switch remains in the unlocked position.

Comment

PJ - I have the same problem with SD Card Playback. I do show space used, but can't access it through the interface. On the no rights issue, did you add the IP Camera to IE / Security / Trusted sites? Mine works, I created a directory then selected it from the Dropdown.

I had a major problem with FTP - I don't want an FTP but it seems to force you to use it. Fortunately, my router has a USB hookup for an external drive and can set it up as FTP. When I did that the Error message went away.

​I have the same problem with getting only 3 pics on an e-mail. The lower res cameras do 6. The low res cams are Foscam clones. The HD ones I found who made it, but now doesn't come up on internet search anymore.

No Firmware updates either......

Comment

I went through this with a tech this weekend. As it turns out, the schedule under motion detection should show all red, meaning it is always on. Also when you go to playback, you need to hit the 'hourglass' and the 'recycle' icons next to the type on the playback screen. I can look at the file folder on the camera, but it didn't show any file immediately. After a couple hours I could now see the video and snapshots.

​On a related problem, I can seem to only get the email notifications to work on the hub. I cant see either of the SMTP ports with canyouseeme. I have spend way too many hours trying to get this up and running. Insteon needs better documentation on how to set devices up.

Comment

Have the same issue, nothing records getting error when activating SD card shown in screen shot. Does SD card need to be formatted? If so which type of format and why isn't that documented? There is no documentation on using the SD card for these devices.
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I had a similar issue, and contacted Insteon. The camera will record, but you have to have IE opened up, and logged into the camera so it can use Active X. Also, the path to record needs to be set on the user screen (why user, I have no idea), and the record on alarm check box needs to be set on the alarm settings.

Comment

Originally posted by pahtcub View Post
                  Have the same issue, nothing records getting error when activating SD card shown in screen shot. Does SD card need to be formatted? If so which type of format and why isn't that documented? There is no documentation on using the SD card for these devices.
                  Yes, it needs to be formatted. exFat is the default format. I haven't tried NTFS, but exFat is what I am using. Also, I tried a 64GB card and it won't work. I was told that it has to either be a 16 or 32GB, but not sure if a 32 will work. I currently have a 16 in there and it is working fine now.

Comment

I got this from support regarding the MircoSd requirements:
                    Class 4-10
                    Type SD.
                    Size: 128MB - 2GB Format: Fat16
                    Type SDHC Size: 4GB - 32GB Format: Fat32

Comment

Update the firmware to latest version and also update monitoring software.
                      If still the problem remains, reset the camera to factory default.
                      CCTV installation companies

Comment

Working...
                      X