Forwarding indoor HD camera fail.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forwarding indoor HD camera fail.

After long waits for customer service multiple times they still don't work unless I'm on the home network.

My outdoor HD cameras work just fine.

The latest "Support Effort" focused on port forwarding. They showed me how to port forward. Something I knew but didn't think the Hub2 and so called UPNP cameras needed that.

Since they chose an outdoor camera for a port forward demo of course it worked when we checked the port on canuseeme.org.

No matter what port I configure an indoor camera for they wont forward. I can swap a port numbers between an outdoor camera and an indoor such that the indoor camera has the port that just tested good and the outdoor camera has the port that tested bad. The result is what camera is assigned the port determines if the test works or not. Indoor wont ever forward.

You are correct, the Hub2 does not need for you to open a port. But, UPnP provides access only only from you LAN. How do you access the outdoor camera when off site?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

The outdoor cams work in the insteon app while on wireless data. This was before the forwarding "solution". When I forward their ports they work also.

The indoor cams didn't ever work on wireless data. Before or after the forwarding solution. When I forward their ports it never works.

Comment

Originally posted by PatW View Post
        The outdoor cams work in the insteon app while on wireless data. This was before the forwarding "solution". When I forward their ports they work also. The indoor cams didn't ever work on wireless data. Before or after the forwarding solution. When I forward their ports it never works.
        Which indoor cameras? Do they function when wired?
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Indoor HD camera. They work Wifi or wired when the phone is connected to the wifi network at home. With any phone on mobile data and regardless of IOS or Android they are not viewable.

Comment

Does each camera have a unique port number assigned? Are the outdoor cameras HD?

Comment

Working...
            X