Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Frustrated With This Camera, and Insteon In General

First: Set Alarm Record Path

And of course first piece of info you'll want the device, model: 75790/75790WH (FR2020A2)
    Second piece of info you'll probably want, the OS: Windows 7 SP1, 64bit
    Third piece: IE 11
    Fourth: I'm trying this both wired and wireless.

Lastly: I've updated the firmware with what I believe to the 'latest':

Device Firmware Version: 11.37.2.59
    Device Embeded Web UI Version: 2.1.10.9

I'm attempting to set this up to record to a UNC path that is publicly shared on my network, essentially "\\servername\capture", no matter what I do, I get "Set The Alarm Path Fail!", which qualifies as the TOP of my list of non-useful responses. Hey guys... You supposedly got programmers there, hows about including a REASONABLE clue as to WHY?!?!

Even if I set this path to a drive letter path combo like, "D:\CAPTURE", it fails with the same message, and it's not possible to specify something as basic as "\\[ipaddress]\[sharename]" with this limited software.

I've tried adding the http://192.168.1.140:25110" address to my browser's trusted sites BUT, tee hee, IE says that's not allowed, it must be an HTTPS address. I try accessing the camera by changing the address to "https://192.168.1.140:25110" and it fails (first telling me I needed to enable TLS protocols, which were already enabled, then when I enable SSL for a "why the heck not" try, it tells me the page can't be displayed).

I've tried setting this value in chrome, but, it's not an option in Chrome.

NOTE: I damn well know for certain that the share I've specified is set to allow EVERYONE to MODIFY that folder. I'm using android devices to drop content into that folder, so I KNOW there's no security/entitlement issue preventing this from working.

So, what's the magic little secret, or, is it that whoever the person(s) that have been writing the software for this are just 'bad' at their jobs and have left a bug that prevents this extremely key feature from functioning?

Second: I'm attempting to set this up so that I can access it remotely, I've specified port 25110, and for whatever reason I'm not able to get this to work on my AT&T Uverse network. Anyone else have this issue? Heck, I can't get this thing to reliably 'announce' itself on the network. Initially, while wired, when I was checking the router for the assigned IP so I could setup the the firewall rules, and it wasn't showing up as a device. I rebooted, reset, unplugged, replugged, etc, it was no go.

I went wireless, and it showed up once, then after firmware resets (because I wanted to see if a static IP was the issue, I'd switched to DHCP), the IP changed, and low and behold it didn't show up in the AT&T router listing as a device (though the old address was still present).

I've had to "clear" my device list on the Uverse router and rescan before the device would show up properly.

HOWEVER, I STILL can't specify the device under Firewall - NAT/Gaming, as it's NOT showing up as a "device" in the device listing, which means I can't complete opening a whole for this device.

Any ideas?

What software are you using? I have several cameras setup and have never seen anything for "Alarm Path". On my cameras, and using the built in camera software, I have the "FTP Service Settings" and "Mail Service Settings" configured, and under "Alarm Service Settings" have "Send Mail on Alarm" and "Upload Image on Alarm" checked.

Not sure exactly what you are trying to do on your firewall. For the default Insteon setup I don't think you need to do anything. The app will talk to the hub which will then go to the cameras. I setup my cameras before installing the Insteon stuff so I setup DHCP reservations for the cameras on the router and then just have a port for each camera being forwarded to the correct IP.

It sounds like you are not doing a "standard" Insteon camera setup so this may not be the right place to be asking these questions. You might have more luck with a Foscam group (Insteon cameras are essentially older model Foscams) or with the support team of the software you are using.

Comment

Do this (listed below), after that you will be able to save the record path (this worked for me - don't know why):

From the manual - troubleshooting section

6.1.5 Camera can not record in Internet Explorer
      Problem: Camera can not record when I click Record button or I can’t change the manually record path. You may be not able to do manually record or change the record path because of the security settings of computer.

There are two ways to resolve this problem:
      (1) Please add the camera as a trusted site to resolve this issue. The steps are

IE browser/Tool/Internet Properties/Security/Trusted sites/Sites then Add. You may need to un-check the box that says "Require server verification.........." to make it add.

-OR-

(2) Open IE browser, then right click, select “Run as administrator” (NOTE: This didn't work for me)

Regards,
      John

Comment

Working...
      X