Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub v2 does not connect wirelessly to IP Camera

Hello,

I have a new hub v2 and I am having difficultly connecting wirelessly to my 75790 IP camera. I can connect the camera via LAN, and the Insteon app on my iphone sees it. But when it tries to set up the camera wirelessly through the app setup process, it fails. I have uploaded the latest firmware for the camera (.56-2), but it still doesn't work wirelessly.I don't think its the camera, as I can remotely access it through the Insteon IE tool software, and control it wirelessly. I have also tried to manually set ithe camera up by setting the IP address and port, but that doesn't work either. I have a Linksys E1500 Wireless N Router.

I'm kinda out of ideas. Anyone else have this problem?

Cheers,

dustyblades

Here's what I do with a new Camera I hope it helps and sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs.

​When it's plugged in to the router and a PC is also connected I use the IP CAMERA TOOL to open the Camera's web page. Once in I change the password in
    DEVICE MANAGEMENT > USER SETTINGS. press submit The device reboots.
    Go back in using password to DEVICE MANAGEMENT > BASIC NETWORK SETTINGS then tick the box for "Obtain IP from DHCP Server and enter a port number in the box for HTTP Port press submit The device reboots
    ​go back in DEVICE MANAGEMENT > WIRELESS LAN SETTING Press the scan button once or twice until you see your network and connect to it. Press submit the device will reboot. once finished go to UPnP and make sure the box is ticked to map port.
    ​Now I unplug the camera from the router and open the IP Camera Tool again. The Camera should be seen now over the wifi. I then open the Insteon hub on my phone and use the manual camera setup entering the IP address and port details from the IP camera tool and select the option "I have already set my camera details up manually.

Good luck let us know if it helps

Comment

This helped me. I was using a static IP for my wired connection. These exact directions fixed my problem. Thanks.
      I'm trying to connect a SD Camera (model: 75790). I'm running the current firmware and web app as of today.

I had the camera configured and working on my mobile device (an Android). But I wanted to get the camera running wirelessly.

I 'deleted' the device from my Android phone Insteon app. Then I did the instructions specified above and was able to use the IP Camera tool to connect to the camera wirelessly (no Ethernet connection). All good so far.
      Now I go to the app on my phone and attempt to add a camera.
      I tried to let the app search for it, but it can't find it.
      I do the manual setup (Add Device > Camera > Manual Setup). I enter the IP and port as displayed in the IP Camera Tool. Click 'next'.
      I am presented with 3 options:
      1. I want to use my camera wirelessly with a password-protected WiFi
      2. I want to use my camera wirelessly with open WiFi
      3. I want to use my camera hardwired with an Ethernet cable.

Choose option 1.
      then you must enter your WiFi password twice.
      Then you are prompted for the camera's user ID and password (you did this in the above steps).
      It FOUND my camera! Great.
      Then it prompts you to unplug the Ethernet cable and hit next. Well, you don't have an Ethernet cable plugged in any longer so just click Next and everything worked for me.
      Last edited by tchildy; 05-24-2015, 09:47 PM. Reason: I got it working now.

Comment

There are some troubleshoots to fix your problem:
        • Check That the antennas are fixed well.
        • Make Sure That Wireless IP Camera Is Powered on.
        • Ensure the Password Is Correct.
        • Check the SSID in WiFi Settings.
        • Make Sure There Is No Signal Interference.
        • Check That the IP Camera Has the Correct IP Address.
        • Update the IP camera Firmware.
        Hope This Will Help You.
        Last edited by Asher; 12-10-2017, 11:00 PM.
        CCTV installation companies

Comment

Thanks Asher.

Comment

Working...
          X