Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insteon support doesn't answer their phone and my camera does not work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon support doesn't answer their phone and my camera does not work.

Thanks insteon for the lack of support. The hub and switches work fine; however, the ip camera tool does absolutely nothing which makes the camera pointless since I can't set it up. I'm now going to pack all this junk up, drive to the msft store, return it, and delete your app from my phone forever. Yes, I'm pissed!

Which specific camera? Which app? Is the camera hard wired to the router?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I am having the same problem! I have tried calling tech support and told that my wait time is 16 minutes....an hour later I was still on hold. I have tried the "we'll call you back when it's your turn" twice with NO call back. This is miserable! No wonder so many of these systems get returned. I am trying to connect the my indoor camera to wifi. It works fine when connected via ethernet, but no matter what option I choose, it won't connect to wifi. I am installing via iPhone 6 app. And, obviously, tech support is of no help! Model #75790

Comment

I don't know what happen to Insteon Support, they used to be very good. Anyway, just want to share my finding related to my wifi camera (#75790). I ordered 4 cameras and received last week. I can get it working with wired connection, but not wifi. The interface (setup) only ask for password, but not ssid that the camera may use. Then later, I come to realized, the cameras doesn't work on 802.11 ac network, it can only work on 802.11 g (not sure about 802.11 n). So, instead of the fast wifi network, it will only work on slower wifi network. Which also mean, I need to change my phone to use the slower network to setup the cameras (again, because the setup won't ask you to choice which ssid to be use, but only use the same ssid your phone is using). Once I change my phone to use 802.11 g network, and I can setup the cameras successfully without much problem. Note, once you complete the setup, then you can change your phone back to use 802.11 ac network.

Now I moved on and encounter another issue which I don't know how to fix ... hope someone has good solution

I'm planning to record the video via my computer, but I find out that (via IP Camera Tool which we can download from Insteon) I can only do that via IE (no other web browsers have recording capability). I'm running Windows 10, with all the security come with Windows 10, I cannot get ActiveX control (DVM_IPCam2.ocx) install. It keeps complaining Unknown Publisher and invalid digital signature (IE blocked the installation). I did follow Insteon Support recommendation to make the IP address as trusted site but still won't help. Without getting access to the camera via IE, I won't able to setup recording for the camera

Hopefully, someone has make it work and share your experience

Comment

Oh, just find the following from internet ... and it work for me

Internet Options > Advanced tab > Security section.
          [x] Allow software to run or install even if the signature is invalid (def=unchecked)
          Click Apply.

Comment

Less than two years later and STILL having issues with Insteon. Changed out modem out and now I can't seem to port forward my cameras. Contacted Insteon; they gave me the brush-off: "I'm sorry, as of Jan 1 we no longer support SD cameras. Go to portforward.com." DONE. END OF STORY! Before attempting to contact them, I spent two hours on that site trying to get the portforwarding to work - no luck! Not sure what to do. Just know I WILL NOT be purchasing further equipment from Insteon. If anyone out there can help (heaven knows Insteon won't), I have a PACE modem recently installed by AT&T.

Comment

Originally posted by llee68 View Post
              Oh, just find the following from internet ... and it work for me and papa's pizzeria

Internet Options > Advanced tab > Security section.
              [x] Allow software to run or install even if the signature is invalid (def=unchecked)
              Click Apply.

It looks like there is a mistake here when I cannot apply.

Comment

Working...
              X