Windows & Windows Phone app won't work with HD Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows & Windows Phone app won't work with HD Camera

Warning to all: The current HD Camera being sold by insteon does not work with the Windows apps.

I do not have a hub (since it is advertised that windows users do not need it) but the app won't connect to the camera at this time. I called support and they confirmed the issue. Support will get back to me with more technical information but for now the workaround is to use a different app.

​They actually suggested using the FosCam app, which is funny. The reason I bought an insteon camera was for ease-of-use and that it why I did not mind paying more for it than a FosCam camera. But it does not work...

Thanks for the heads up. I learned this the hard way which is sad. It should be called out on their product page. I guess its a return for me. What a waste of my time for them simply not taking the time to properly note the product. -1 Insteon.

Comment

I am taking my outdoor camera back also. I can't believe that they don't have a Win8.1 app that currently works. I can understand the WP8.1 app not working since there isn't a lot of market share. I have found so many things wrong with the Win8 app that makes it unusable. I had to use my daughters iPod to be able to remove On/Off switches from scenes. It is unfortunately to late to take back all the On/Off switches, Thermostat, Hub and wall switches back though. Wish I would have known how bad their software was before I started using these.

Comment

I may be falling into the same thing as you other folks. I have a Windows PC and wanted to connect without the hub, but have had no success at all.
        At first I am thinking I am missing something in the user manual, then was thinking there should be a quick start guide to be able to see if the thing is alive (never found a quick start guide for this camera). My email from several days ago has gone unanswered.

I am disappointed, had hoped I could get this set up in a few hours. Instead I wasted several nights going back over the user guide to make sure I did not miss anything. I am done, this is going back into the box and back to the store.

Now I know this is a forum that the company does not monitor, and that is OK.
        I am writing this to those folks who are coming after I am out of here so they know what they are in for.
        I used to work as a quality assurance engineer for a couple of small start up consumer electronics companies. One of the things that every company must get right is the out of the box experience. If they blow it here, nothing else matters.

They blew it, I am outta here.

Comment

Support told me that their is a software update coming in June/July that will address this issue. The market is very competitive in this field. I strongly encourage them to triple their investment in the software as this will determine their success or failure. Hardware is cool, but without software, it is worthless. The software is what the consumer sees and the consumer will choose the competitor product in a split second decision if the software doesn't function.

Comment

Thanks for the update Tony. It looks like an update came out yesterday but it doesn't seem to have fixed it for me...

Comment

Working...
            X