Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

End of daylight savings (clocks move back 1 hour)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of daylight savings (clocks move back 1 hour)

I've set up my insteon hub to turn on and off various lights just the way I like it. One of the things I appreciate is the ability to have outdoor lights and interior lights turn on at sunset. Now that the time has been moved back one hour and despite the hub time being correct, everything is essentially turning on an hour later than I would like. How have you compensated for this change? I would think if the time is corrected, then the hub would know to move at least (sunrise/sunset) to turn on an hour earlier. Thanks!

All these years later and the Insteon team still hasn't figured this one out. I notice this with mine each time change too. Seems to be off by a week. Wait until this coming Sunday and see if it starts working correctly then. Mine usually does the same.

Comment

Yep, I noticed this issue in 2015. It's bad enough that the Hub and the app are garbage, but this is just ridiculous. Might go with an iSY994 in the near future. In an ideal world, I'd completely move away from Insteon, unfortunately that would require replacing about 14 - 16 piece of hardware ($$$).

Comment

If something is distressing, then you should get rid of it. I don't consider having to set a clock an obstacle enough to trash my Insteon network.
        the benefits greatly outweigh the minor annoyances. That doesn't mean I'm not in full agreement that the Hub clock issue should be fixed
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Originally posted by stusviews View Post
          If something is distressing, then you should get rid of it. I don't consider having to set a clock an obstacle enough to trash my Insteon network.
          the benefits greatly outweigh the minor annoyances. That doesn't mean I'm not in full agreement that the Hub clock issue should be fixed
          Well, the time issue is just the icing on the cake. It's such an easy issue to fix that you'd think it would have been properly addressed for all users by now. The Hub has proven reliable along with all the hardware I have - except for 2 non-dual band switches that bit the dust a while back. There comes a point where all the minor annoyances stack up and you just get angry.

Comment

It wasn't a big deal to modify my schedules (all 2 of them). I didn't know if perhaps I was the only one having this issue or maybe even user error. I guess I will find out if the schedules go out of whack this weekend (one week in) should insteon be delayed in applying changes.

Comment

FWIW, as expected, my sunset scheduled scenes resumed working correctly this week

Comment

Mine worked as well.

Comment

I even have some atomic clocks that sometimes need a day or two to "catch up" to the "correct" time.
                  Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
                  Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
                  X