X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub Pro

HI Guys,
    I have a problem that i can figure out.
    I currently have a hub2 set with Alexa and several devices and its all working perfectly.
    My in-laws would like to do the same but with Siri. So my friend offered to give me his hub pro that he's not using (hewn another route)
    so i could figure it out before they purchased one as I'm their default tech support ;-).

Here's the issue, after plugging it in it's never found by my iPhone.

I've done a factory reset of the hub following instructions on this site.
    The issue i have with the reset is with IOS 11 you no longer have the reset homekit option, so I've deleted t& reinstalled the app several time.
    I've tried placing it at various points on my net, nothing different.
    I've tried manually adding the code, nothing different.
    I've tried in apple home and insteon+, nothing different.

It is on my network if i do a netscan it shows up and it shows up as a device on my account just not connect/configured

But because my iPhone doesn't see it i can't connect it!
    Any tips or ideas would be great.

Pete

Insteon has been found on your network
    Click on the Link Below to access Insteon
    http://192.168.88.13:25105
    This is your device's internal IP

Other Info
    Configured Connect Account TRUE
    Your Internet IP: 24.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Your MAC Address: 00:0E:F3:3C:1E:0A
    Your Insteon ID 3C.1E.0A
    Your Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
    Your Gateway 192.168.88.1
    Your Device's Dev Cat 03
    Your Device's SubCat 33
    Your Device's Firmware 1012
    Your Device's PLMFW A2
    Your Device's App Version Hub2-V04-20140904
    Your Device's Unit Type HUB2
    Your Device's Serial Number 3C1E0A

Insteon has been found on your network
    Click on the Link Below to access Insteon
    http://192.168.88.39:80
    This is your device's internal IP

Other Info
    Configured Connect Account FALSE
    Your Internet IP: 24.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Your MAC Address: 80:30C:2CA:8C
    Your Insteon ID 2C.DA.8C
    Your Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
    Your Gateway 192.168.88.1
    Your Device's Dev Cat 03
    Your Device's SubCat 3A
    Your Device's Firmware s:1.0.7|c:5.0.6
    Your Device's PLMFW 9D
    Your Device's App Version HubPro-V02
    Your Device's Unit Type HubPro
    Your Device's Serial Number 2CDA8C

in the insteon+ app it just spins forever
    in the home app it tries to read the numbers that ask for them. then i enter them and nothing is shown.

Comment

Just got off the phone with level 1 tech support, they went over everything i've done so far (thanks to the help from this board).
      tomorrow will be level 2, hope they can figure something out.

Comment

well i waited for the level 2 call and got nothing.....
        sent them another email, back to the wait and see

Comment

Is it possible to connect multiple smartphones to Logitech Harmony Hub?

Could several persons in a household connect their smartphones to the hub? Or can you only connect it to one?
          I ask it here, because I get online one question on this smart home site and the answer wasn´t helpful for me!!!

Thanks for your help.
          Bernd
          Could several persons in a household connect their smartphones to the hub? Or can you only connect it to one?

Comment

HI Bernd,
            Both my wife and i are connected to the insteon hub, usually at the same time fighting over the light settings.

Comment

Hi, have you solved this? I'm having the same problem, I can see and open the web interface of the Hub Pro, but it doesn't show to add in any homekit app.

Comment

Originally posted by peaston View Post
                in the insteon+ app it just spins forever
                in the home app it tries to read the numbers that ask for them. then i enter them and nothing is shown.
                Can you confirm how long “forever” is in this case? I found that in my experience, everything takes approximately “forever” with the Hub Pro and Insteon+ but it gets there eventually.

A couple rough average metrics:

1. I left Insteon+ ‘spinning’ for 15+ minutes before it found the Hub Pro. This is also true of Apple Home. Basically, I had done the factory reset four times while being less patient and finally had “given up” and left both apps searching while I watched TV. To my surprise, they both eventually found Hub Pro.

2. Every time I add and ‘sync’ a new device, it similarly takes 15+ minutes before it shows up in Insteon+ and Apple Home. And be aware you *may* have to be constantly force-closing and reopening the Insteon+ app as it doesn’t seem to reliably update.

3. Sometimes, when I ‘successfully’ add a new device (I use the set buttons ‘pairing’ approach) my Insteon Hub Pro goes offline in the apps, thus needing to be power cycled. Again, 15+ minutes to show back up.

HOWEVER, once everything is showing up, it works pretty reliably. At least that is my experience so far, having added only one micro dimmer switch, one in-wall dimmer outlet and one plug in dimmer (for easier testing) thus far. I’m basically relating my experience in real-time, since I’ve been similarly frustrated.

I live and work in tech, and since I’m new to Insteon, I went through similar troubleshooting, verifying the Hub was on the network, and thinking it wasn’t doing anything more after 5 or so minutes of waiting.

TL;DR - be very patient with everything pertaining to setup with Insteon Pro / Insteon+ / HomeKit. As long as you’re confident you’ve executed the steps as accurately as possible (i.e., you heard the beeps you should have) just walk away from it and come back later. Watch some TV, eat dinner, take a shower - anything to make more minutes pass. It *may* eventually work.

Comment

One more thing I noticed - given how rough the whole setup process can be, it seems many people have bought, tried and returned modules to Amazon. I have found some really nice deals buying basically new modules at like 20% off from Amazon (look for the Amazon Warehouse Deals seller) with 2-day Prime shipping.

Comment

Unfortunately the Insteon HomeKit Hub is total garbage. There is absolutely no reason for any product to work like this. Waiting 15 minutes or longer is a complete joke. This thing barely worked for me and now after re-installing, it doesn't work at all. The Insteon+ app spins forever so I can't add any devices.

Even when it worked, many Insteon devices were not supported or only basic support. It was unreliable and flaky. I've had it seen it first came out and few very updates. It must have been engineered by consultants that have long since left the company or never hired again after the initial contract.

The regular hub, the one that works with Alexa, continues to get updates. I own that also. It is night and day different. I have products from other companies and they have one hub that supports both HomeKit, Alexa, and Google.

The only explanation of why Insteon has two incompatible hubs is that one is an orphan and the other is the mainstream product. (As in the HomeKit hub is an orphan and the regular Hub is the only one getting any attention.)

Just look at how Insteon recently rolled-out Google support for the other hub but nothing new has been added to the HomeKit hub in years.

Insteon has several generations of IP Cameras, but no camera support from Insteon. HomeKit added IP cameras two years ago and enhanced them last summer. HomeKit supports door and window sensors but Insteon HomeKit has never supported Insteon door/window sensors.

They can't blame it on limitations of HomeKit as Insteon hasn't even supported devices to the basic level that HomeKit allows.

Comment

Originally posted by SpivR View Post
                      Unfortunately the Insteon HomeKit Hub is total garbage. There is absolutely no reason for any product to work like this. Waiting 15 minutes or longer is a complete joke. This thing barely worked for me and now after re-installing, it doesn't work at all. The Insteon+ app spins forever so I can't add any devices.

Even when it worked, many Insteon devices were not supported or only basic support. It was unreliable and flaky. I've had it seen it first came out and few very updates. It must have been engineered by consultants that have long since left the company or never hired again after the initial contract.

The regular hub, the one that works with Alexa, continues to get updates. I own that also. It is night and day different. I have products from other companies and they have one hub that supports both HomeKit, Alexa, and Google.

The only explanation of why Insteon has two incompatible hubs is that one is an orphan and the other is the mainstream product. (As in the HomeKit hub is an orphan and the regular Hub is the only one getting any attention.)

Just look at how Insteon recently rolled-out Google support for the other hub but nothing new has been added to the HomeKit hub in years.

Insteon has several generations of IP Cameras, but no camera support from Insteon. HomeKit added IP cameras two years ago and enhanced them last summer. HomeKit supports door and window sensors but Insteon HomeKit has never supported Insteon door/window sensors.

They can't blame it on limitations of HomeKit as Insteon hasn't even supported devices to the basic level that HomeKit allows.

I was about to post and ask about HomeKit Hub but I found this one. Seems like the HomeKit Hub got quite a lot of negative feedback

Comment

Working...
                      X