No announcement yet.

Hub Pro stopped responding, LED flashes red a few times when power is applied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub Pro stopped responding, LED flashes red a few times when power is applied

My Hub Pro recently stopped responding. I have noticed that if I disconnect and then reconnect power, the LED flashes red a few times (not sure how many, it's fast -- perhaps 5?) and then goes off and stays off. I have checked network connectivity and it is fine. I couldn't find any description of what the flashes signify -- does anyone know?

I'm having the exact same problem and can't find any answers anywhere.

Comment

Same for me. Hardware reset has no effect.

Comment

I called support about this, and all the person would say was "the hub is not getting power" (how does the LED illuminate then?) and that it had failed. It's 3 months out of warranty and he offered me a discounted replacement, but I declined. I guess the 2 year sad saga of this seriously under-engineered piece of **** is at an end. My opinion of Insteon is now at an all-time low.

One final thought: could the problem be related to a recent update? I would estimate that my unit stopped working sometime around the end of September. The page listed firmware updates doesn't have any associated dates. If anyone know when the automatic updates took place, I'd love to hear it... If others with this problem can identify the timeframe of their failure, that would be useful info.

Comment

Not getting power. May mean its internal power supply has failed. Even if the AC Line is OK.
          It has a similar switching power supply in it as the 2413S PLM that is known to fail at about two years and a few months.

Comment

I swapped some caps but could not get it to work. The small surface mount component under C4 seems toasted and I can neither identify it nor do I have the equipment to replace it.
            However, I found a different solution. On eBay someone is selling cheap Hub Pros without the activation code. I got one and transferred the power supply board to my unit. After a full reset it installed and works fine (well, as fine as any HP ever worked). So, I'm good for now.

Comment

Working...
            X