Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon HUB - Status led flashing RED

Hi all,

yesterday my HUB (v2) started not working properly.
    No access from APP saying "Unable to establish connection with HUB"; no e-mail notification from Sensors...nothing.
    When looking at the HUB, I found it with the Status led in red flashing state.
    Trying to unplug power cable, when reconnected it seems dead...no light or bip at all. After a while (aprox 1 min) LED starts flashing red.
    I also tried the factory reset by pressing the SET button but there is no bip or no sign at all.

Any similar experience?

http://www.insteon.com/support-knowl...on-insteon-hub
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Not working. The hub does not beep when I press the SET button or does not anything different than blinking RED....

Comment

Maybe it has failed?
        Do you know how old it is?
        In the Smarthome Sales page. Reviews Area. There are reports of them failing and a note from them a possible problem component was changed at Rev2.3.
        You may want to call them on their Customer Support Line and see if they have any added information.

Comment

I saw on the Smarthome Forums.
          Customer Service replaced a slightly out of warranty hub. With a new HUB and a device list to help the user get the replacement going.
          Also said a new "hub repair service" is being started. Takes longer but they repair the HUB and keep the device list installed.
          http://forum.smarthome.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19118

Comment

Hi all,
            I managed to fix my hub by opening it, analyzing the electric circuit I identified a burned component. I brought it to an old-style shope where they repair TV...and with 20euros my hub is back to his place working smoothly

Comment

I am glad you now have a working HUB again.
              Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
              X