No announcement yet.

Alexa Integration Issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m seeing it happen more frequently over the past couple of weeks. Including just now at 7:00 pm. ET. I’m starting to buy TP-Link bulbs and switches and move away from Insteon. This is getting ridiculous.

Comment

For those that have experienced the error from Alexa "The Insteon hub that the [light] is connected to is not responding" - please try again and report here if you continue to get that same message. Thank you for your patience.
      Insteon Stats
      User since: 2005
      House has: 35 devices (+ 20 or more so for testing)
      Managing with: Hub 2 & Director

Comment

Thank you Isaac. Will let you know if it happens again.

Comment

I just found this thread and am glad I did b4 I smashed my Insteon hub. I don't see any activity since 2/20/18, Has everyone decided the problem is fixed? Cuz its not! for me at least

Comment

I’ve been good for a few weeks, but I’m not ready to call it fixed until I go 90 days with no issues.

Comment

OK, definitely NOT fixed. Same problem, last night around 10:30pm ET.

Comment

Happened again just now 3/30/18 at 6:45pm ET. Most definitely NOT fixed.

Comment

Happened to me as well 3/30, 7:04 Central, still not fixed.

Comment

Happened to me today as well. It has not happened in a while. I thought it was something on my add because I had an issue with my modem today. I lost Internet access 4 times in an hour and had to reboot several times. Around 8:00 pm EST I tried turning on a light with Alexa and I got the above mentioned response from Alexa that the hub is not responding. Not sure when it started happening. I believe it worked in the morning and by sunset I tried to turn on a light an the error was occurring.

Comment

Just bought an Alexa Echo. It seems to find my Insteon Hub, discovers devices but when I try to control them it responds “Device unresponsive” and then a second or two later says it’s “On” even though it’s not. I’ve tried rediscovery, turning off the skill and turning it back on to no avail.

Comment

So frustrating. Wanting to expand automation throughout my house, but starting to think Insteon is not the way to go. I’ve invested a lot in Insteon over the years. On my 2nd generation hub, 49 devices. Don’t want to start over with another brand, but I’m losing faith in Insteon’s reliability. Also had 2 Insteon bulbs and 1 Lamplinc module fail on me in the past month, and my leak sensors all stop communicating since the last firmware update.

Comment

Thanks to everyone who has chimed in here. We have a hub firmware update coming shortly which should address connectivity issues. You should be receiving an email regarding the update soon. Once that firmware has been released and your hub has been updated, let us know here if you continue to get the hub not responsive message from Alexa ("The Insteon hub that the [light] is connected to is not responding")
                          Insteon Stats
                          User since: 2005
                          House has: 35 devices (+ 20 or more so for testing)
                          Managing with: Hub 2 & Director

Comment

Check this out devicebase.net/en/product/amazon-echo-plus/815332021520 ..this might be helpful

Comment

Just happened about 5 minutes ago...

Comment

Originally posted by darzel View Post
                                Check this out devicebase.net/en/product/amazon-echo-plus/815332021520 ..this might be helpful
                                And what exactly am I supposed to be looking for there?!

Comment

Working...
                                X