HELP: Insteon hub set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP: Insteon hub set up

Hey guys, I am having so much trouble setting up an insteon hub. My problem is the insteon for hub app won't recognize my hubs, I now have 3 hubs which none connect.
    I have one at a time connected straight to my router and wall power.
    I log into insteon on my iPad and it than wants the QR sticker which none have, so I press help, and option to search for hubs and nothing shows up.
    I have tried hard reset and that seems to work with the beeps, but still with the same problem,
    I also have spent a few hours searching for help on google and YouTube with no success

I have a 2242-222, 2242-522r & a hub II 2245-222

Comment

Did you get those hubs new or off ebay? If from ebay, you will need to contact Insteon with the hub ID as they are probably already configured for someone else's system.

BTW- The 2242-522r is the insternational hub. Depending on the products that you have, may not work with your devices.
      Last edited by lilyoyo1; 07-26-2017, 09:44 PM.

Comment

The 2242-522 is meant for Australia and New Zealand. It won't work with Insteon products meant for use in the US. A suffix of "R" indicates that the Hub was reconditioned.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

So there's no way to config them back to factory having another account linked to it

Comment

Correct. The factory reset requires that the account be deleted from the Hub first. SH support may be able to help.
            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

The 2242-522 is for AUS/NZ as pointed out.
              It has a different Insteon RF frequency of 921MHz. Ours is 915MHz.
              It will not receive or control any US Insteon RF devices and will not act as a Dual Band module. Power line only for US modules.
              If 921MHz is being used here for another service. It maybe possible you will get interference from the other service.

Comment

After a few emails I still have yet to get my hub ids reset.. what should I do

Comment

Your user name and password cannot be reset using email. For security reasons, you'll have to talk to support.

Comment

Working...
                  X