Hub Pro stops responding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub Pro stops responding

I have a Hub Pro. About a month ago it stopped responding to any commands in Insteon+ or Home app on IOS. The icons for devices in the Insteon+ app were orange. I ended up having to factory reset the Hub Pro and set everything up all over again. Now the same thing has happened only a month later. And there's no way to just do a simple backup and restore. My previous Insteon Hub 2 died and I ended up having to do the same thing with that. I ended up replacing it with an ISY994 and that is infinitely better. But I want to control my system with the Home app and with Siri. This is probably the 4th or 5th time I'd have to reset everything in the less than 2 years I've had the system. Terrible.

Anyway, are there any tricks to getting the Hub Pro working again without having to factory reset?
    Last edited by flmmkr; 02-20-2017, 03:26 PM.
    ISY994izw + Raspberry Pi running Homebridge
    iOS devices
    Approx. 60 Insteon devices

I am having similar issues but with fewer devices on the network. Lights fail to be triggered to come on 1-3 times out of the week, attempting to turn on manually results in a error not being able to reach the device, or seeing the lights respond and indicate on only to come home and find that they never turned on. I am at wits end with this POS and contemplating ripping all my switches out and going elsewhere.

Comment

Have done so hoping the OP has as well. The Hub Pro seems to be a complete afterthought and no development has been done on it since launch. Yes I am aware Apple has hands in this but other products from other vendors have progressed this has not. Waiting to hear from support

Comment

actually there have been some firmware updates since launch. The last one cleared up most of the serious issues I was seeing and I use my Hub Pro everyday with no issues except for automation (schedules)

Comment

So I've found this is related to schedules. If I setup a schedule, it crashes the Insteon+ App. The problem is, when there is a power outage, if I had schedules setup, the Insteon Hub Pro doesn't restores to its previous settings, it just resets and needs a factory reset and re-setup.

If I don't setup schedules (which sucks, I want it working), then after power outages, the Hub Pro keeps on working...

Insteon please fix!!

Comment

Update. When this last issue started I was really busy working and am just now having time to work on it. I unplugged the Hub Pro and looked at it. The bottom is discolored yellow and orange. Reading on here and SmartHome's forum about similar occurrences, I decided to open it up and look at it. I removed the left circuit board and sure enough, it's fried. Transistors or capacitors are burned up near the middle of the circuit board. Same thing happened to my old Hub 2 that they replaced for me a few months ago. I have 4 other devices sitting on the same shelf that have been all working in that same spot with zero issues for a couple years now. It's not hot in that area at all.

I have noticed the schedule issue, but found that if I removed the schedules from the Home app then the Insteon+ app responded again. This time though, I didn't have any schedules created in Insteon+ or Home, so that's not the cause of the current issue in my case.

Another thing I noticed while I had the Hub Pro opened up is that the antenna wires are loose and just hang in mid-air inside the case. The ends of them also had copper wire exposed, and they were hanging right above the area where the circuit board burned out. Not sure of the antenna wires could have touched the circuit board at some point and then somehow moved away fro the circuit board, but it is a concern I think. When they send me another I think I'll be sure to do something to cover the ends or tape them along the side and out of the way of the circuit boards.
            Last edited by flmmkr; 02-20-2017, 03:18 PM.
            iOS devices

Comment

still no answers ? mine gone from not communicating with switches/dimmers to now not seeing the devices at all in the insteon+ app?

had a old hub die on me in months, now a hub pro equally as rubbish has each other in terms of quality, how can they release this junk ?

experienced exactly this http://homeautomationguru.com/insteo...piece-of-crap/

i want my money back and an ISY instead with zwave light control

Comment

I switched to an ISY and also have Homebridge running on a Raspberry Pi to have full control of my system via Siri/HomeKit on my iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. It's been almost 3 months now and zero issues. I haven't even had to power cycle anything like I did with the Insteon hubs. The Insteon hubs just aren't up to snuff imo. Save yourself the longterm headache and upgrade to ISY.
                iOS devices

Comment

wish i knew this before, wasted money on a hub, hub pro, insteon switches arent even that great. wasted over $2000, im leaving all this junk behind when i sell my apartment, going to go for an ISY and zwave in switch light controllers. They wont refund any of it ...

DO NOT BUY INSTEON PRODUCTS PEOPLE, RUBBISH!!!

Comment

INSTEON is utter trash, im so angry, smarthome support just brush me off, it's disgusting...

Comment

http://homeautomationguru.com/insteo...piece-of-crap/

Comment

Working...
                      X