Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When controlled with Alexa / Echo, lights always go on at 100%?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When controlled with Alexa / Echo, lights always go on at 100%?

I set up my Hub II to work with my new Echo, and everything connects just fine. However, when I ask Alexa to turn the lights on, it promptly turns the requested lights on to 100%, and not the intensity actually preset for the relevant outlets. Is there a way to correct this?

Also, is Alexa capable of turning on "scenes"?

Alexa only turns devices on/off. If you want it to go to a certain level then you have to specify that level

Amazon does not allow for scene control. Using something like the ISY would allow you to use control your scenes using skills.

A work around to do this would be to rebuild your scenes using the groupings feature in the Amazon app

Comment

Originally posted by lilyoyo1 View Post
      Alexa only turns devices on/off. If you want it to go to a certain level then you have to specify that level

Amazon does not allow for scene control. Using something like the ISY would allow you to use control your scenes using skills.

A work around to do this would be to rebuild your scenes using the groupings feature in the Amazon app

So if I say "Alexa, turn on the Kitchen lights to 50%," that should work?

What is ISY?

Comment

ISY994i is an Insteon Controller with many advanced features not found in some of the other Insteon Controllers.
        Made by Universal Devices Inc. Sold by them and other vendors like Smarthome.

Comment

Originally posted by satchelpig View Post

So if I say "Alexa, turn on the Kitchen lights to 50%," that should work?

What is ISY?
          Yes - that command will work if you have only one device for Kitchen Lights or want all lights in a Group to come on at the same level.

Another example, the way I do it
          I have 4 different devices that make up a group called Kitchen Lights and one device in the group is kitchen table which is way too bright @100% so my verbal command is

"Alexa, turn on Kitchen Lights" (everything comes on @100%) then "Alexa, dim Kitchen Table to 50%"
          Hub 2245-222, ID 46.F7.AE, Prod
          Insteon for Hub App v1.15.4 build 334
          53 Insteon devices

Comment

Working...
          X