Configuring Switchlin Dimmer via Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Configuring Switchlin Dimmer via Hub

So, I have read through the forums and seen some instructions on creating virtual 3 way switches. the instructions involve setting the switchlinc dimmers in both responder and controller mode when adding them to a scene.

​I am unable to figure out where in the scene configuration these options are.

I have a hub v2 and am using the insteon for hub app. Did insteon remove support for doing this in hub version 2?

Scenes > Edit Scenes > scene_name > Scene Members > device_name
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

That sounds easy enough, EXCEPT...

​I do not have an "edit scenes" menu/button.

In the insteon for hub app I have, I just have a "scenes" heading, when I click on that, it displays my scenes. If I right click on the scene, I get nothing, left click, I get on, off, more. If I select more, it shows me the scene details and has a few items to edit. this includes "members list" which lists the devices in the scene. However, there is no way via right or left clicking to allow me to choose responder and/or controller for each of the scene members.

Comment

Top right of Scenes has a menu icon. Tap on the icon.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

This is what my scenes screen looks like....

​No menu icon to click on.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

The Windows app doesn't offer that choice. All devices in the same scene are both. Also, you can only set the On-level when you add the device to the scene. If you want to change the On-level, then remove and re-add the device.

Comment

What app does offer that choice?

I am trying to setup a 3 way virtual dimmer switch. 2 dimmer switches in the same scene. They do not stay as sync as the documentation suggests they should.

Comment

The iOS and Android apps have that ability.

Comment

So, if all I have is windows app, there is no way to setup a virtual 3 way?

That sounds a little limiting and crazy.

Comment

Yes there is. Adding both device to the same scene should result in a virtual 3-way. A difficulty is that you can't change the O-level if the device is already. You have to remove and re-add the device if you want to change the On-level.

Comment

How about virtual dimming? The fact you mention changing the on-level seems to indicate that despite them both being dimmers, at least one of them would only e able to get to a predetermined on level and not have dimming control.

That aside, I have both dimmers in a scene and when I tap the switch on, the switch connected to the load controls the light, the other does nothing.

Comment

Both devices should work in unison. It doesn't matter which one you tap or hold. What is the result if you turn the scene, not the device, on or off?

Comment

The scene turns the lights on and off as expected but no dimming setting in the scene. I am not sure if that is what you were asking or not....

ps...I appreciate your assistance, it is just frustrating....everything to me was much easier last time I used insteon with a "v1" hub and houselinc. I did not expect v2 to actually be a step backwards.

Comment

I've had minimal success with the Windows app, too. You can link them manually Interested?

Comment

Working...
                            X