Hub down and I can't get it back up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub down and I can't get it back up

So after I installed the hub last night this morning the light is red and I can't get it back up, despite the network connection showing green status on my router. I tried unplugging and plugging back in with no luck. Any thoughts on what to try next?

More info -- I can "see" the Hub by going to the get smartlink info -- it says the Hub is on the network and gives me the device's internal IP (although if I click on that it asks for a user name and password and I have no idea what username or password to use, as nothing I try there works).

I have a call to support in but my window to get an answer until waiting for Monday is small, so if anyone has anything else to try (other than a complete reset, which I'll wait as a last resort) let me know (and is the hub ALWAYS this temperamental? If so, I may be returning all this stuff. Heck, I didn't even get 24 hours of use out of this).

Comment

Apparently the hub got hosed when it tried to update the firmware -- Insteon rep says this is an unusual occurance (yeah, right) and that trying another one shouldn't be a problem, so I'll send this back to Amazon and get a new one next week.

We'll see -- I'm more than skeptical now about this technology, given I couldn't get either a dimmer switch installed nor this hub to work more than 8 hours. So far my experience with this leads me to believe it aint Ready For Prime Time.

Comment

If anyone is still reading this (?) a question now occurs to me: how am I going to get the app to recognize the new hub? When you first install the hub it asks for a scan, so it's associated with my account, but I don't see any way to disconnect this, and short of making a new account (which would need a new email which I don't have) I don't know how to hit the reset button on this process (probably another call to support but if anyone has done this I'd appreciate a heads up).

Comment

• BetaTestCoordinator
          BetaTestCoordinator commented
          Editing a comment
          Have you performed a firmware rollback? If not, please follow the steps below:

1. Unplug the Hub II from power.
          2. Hold down the Reset button on the back of the Hub II while it is unplugged.
          3. Keep holding down the reset button and simultaneously re-apply power to the Hub II.
          4. As soon as you hear the Hub beep release the white reset button and immediately tap the set button 5 times (This will start the firmware rollback process, you should hear the hub chirp rapidly)
          5. After 5 minutes, unplug the Hub II for 10 seconds, then re-apply power.

If you end up replacing your hub after all, you will have to call Insteon tech support to have your account deleted. Once the account is deleted, you can again use your same email address to create a new account with the new hub.
      Working...
      X