sunrise / sunset doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunrise / sunset doesn't work

I have a scene the should turn on outside lights at sunset, and turn them off at sunrise.

The lights never come on or off.

The schedule is enabled 7 days per week.
    The hub's location and time are both correct.

How can I troubleshoot this?

Schedule an On event for a few minutes from now. Any success?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Yes that works.

Comment

I should also mention that turning the scene on and off works too.

Comment

Schedule a different scene to turn on at sunset. Any success?
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
          Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I did that a couple days ago - disabled the schedule on the original scene. created a new scene and added the same lights to it, set the on/off to sunset/sunrise. No luck.

Trying again now with a scene that will control a completely different light...

Comment

I set up a scene controlling a single (indoor) light on the same sunset-to-sunrise schedule, and enabled alerts for that light.
              Then I got email telling me that it turned on around 5:30am and turned off three seconds later.

You might think that it just doesn't understand what sunset means, but I don't think it's that simple.

I also tried setting the scene to turn on at sunset and off at 8:30am.
              That resulted in the scene turning on at about 7:45pm. Actual sunset is more like 5:30pm.

So that got me wondering if part of the problem is that the hub thinks we're in June rather than February. It seems to have deduced the time zone from my location, but there's nothing in the Windows desktop app or in the Android app that lets me set the date, or even display the date.

Comment

The sunrise/sunset times shown in the app were also off by an hour or two. The app's house-settings screen showed the correct city but when I tried to move it to another nearby city the location screen showed the current location on the wrong side of the United States.

I set the location to a nearby city (larger and more likely to have the latitude/longitude known) and now the on/off times appear reasonable in the UI. So that seems encouraging.

Comment

I'm also not getting a sunset scene to work with two devices in it. I used to have another scene controlling an appliance switch at sunset and that worked fine, not
                  too sure what to try next. The scena also works manually like yours. My next test is to set a specific time rather than sunset and see if that works.
                  The insteon app on my Android phone does show the correct time for when sunset happens and also shows hub time as the correct time..

Comment

When I set a specific time 7:20pm in stead if setting sunset then the lights did turn on with the schedule, so for me also the SUNSET doesn't seem to
                    work even though HUB time/location is set correctly plus the sunset time it displays on the app is also correct .. very strange for such a basic feature .

Comment

My scene is just completely random. It turns on at random times in the very late evening, and off a few seconds later. Makes no sense.

Comment

Well it is 2017 and problem still exists.

Comment

Working...
                        X