Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Hub(2245-222) backwards Compatibility

Hello,

I am looking for some information that I can't seam to find an accurate answer on.

I am looking to see if the 2245 Hub is backwards compatible with any of the older Insteon Smarthome product.

The main two products I am looking to integrate are the 2473(outlet) and the 2476(switch). I have heard that with the 2433c access point in the system you can be compatible with the the older Hub(2242).

I am looking to purchase the new hub and have access to many, many of the older switches and outlets.It would be a bonus if they would be able to talk. I know the older stuff only communicates via powerline and the newer stuff communicates via wifi and powerline.

Look forward to some insight as I seam to be reading mixed comments online.

Thanks!

Any device that you were able to link to the 2242 Hub is compatible with the 2245 Hub. Do you mean 2443 Access Points? If so, then they increase the range and reliability of the Insteon network and there is no compatibility issue at all. They work with the signal, not any particular device.

Also, Insteon RF signals use 915 MHz, WiFi is at 2.4 or 5.0 GHz, so there is no interference.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thanks Stu!

So just to review, 2245 hub with a 2443(access point) and older switches and outlets(2473's and 2476's) should work seamlessly? Just like the current switches and outlets?

Comment

Working...
      X