Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to determine Hub Pro firmware version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to determine Hub Pro firmware version?

Is there a way that I can determine the firmware version that the Hub Pro currently has? I see release notes for firmware revisions and my Hub says it has the latest firmware when I force it to check but I would like to confirm it is on the latest. Given the bugs present in the Hub Pro, I want to make sure it isn't on an old revision and simply thinks it is on the latest.
    Version 1006 Identify your Insteon Hub version → This version of the Insteon Hub firmware includes bug fixes and stability improvements. This update was released May 18, 2015 and was automatically installed.    New Feature * Added a feature that allows new Insteon Hubs to be setup from any network, not just the local WiFi network    Bug Fixes * Improved diagnostics features for when Insteon Hub cannot connect to the Internet or Insteon Servers * Improved Insteon messaging * Improved the reliability in connecting to Insteon Servers * Resolved some issues concerning intra-device communication * Resolved an issue that might cause Insteon Hub to factory reset upon power cycle * Changed beep patterns for factory reset: Hub now beeps once when factory reset starts and double-beeps when it is finished. * Changed Network Reset from 10 set button taps to 3 set button taps * Fixed an issue where the primary LED colors would become reversed after removing a device Version 1005 This version of the Insteon Hub firmware primarily includes bug fixes and stability improvements. The update was released May 7, 2015 and was automatically installed.    Bug Fixes * Fixed several backend messaging issues * Fixed an issue where location and House Name would reset to default values on reboot * Added feature that expands the types of alerts that can be sent * Moved DST time change to approx. 2AM from approx. 1AM * Fixed an issue where a device being added might be read as the wrong device type * Fixed unresponsiveness when reading or setting device properties * Removed some duplicate alerts * Improved reliability on busy Insteon networks * Fixed an issue where schedules wouldn’t fire on Sundays or Mondays between 12:00AM and approximately 12:30AM * Added some features to improve the speed of adding new devices and creating scenes

You can look at your current hub settings/version by following these steps:
      1. Logging in to http://connect.insteon.com/getinfo.asp
      2. Copy the IP address for your hub, paste it in to your browser and append the word settings to the end of the IP address. i.e. If your hub's IP address is http://192.168.0.10, you would go to http://192.168.0.10/settings

Comment

Unable to preform step 2. The getinfo screen shows:
      Configured Connect Account FALSE
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

• BetaTestCoordinator
        BetaTestCoordinator commented
        Editing a comment
        The Hub Pro displaying "Configured Connect Account FALSE" is correct. It doesn't configure to an account in the standard way the Hub I or II do. Once you have identified the IP address of the Hub Pro (minus the port number) copy and paste that into the address bar in your web browser followed by "/settings"

The Hup Pro was grayed out.

I factory reset the Hub Pro and Homekit configuration. All is well.
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I tried to check status with the connect address. The address couldn't find a hub I went to the Hub2 IP address and port. The correct info was present.

Comment

• BetaTestCoordinator
          BetaTestCoordinator commented
          Editing a comment
          Is your hub showing up in your router's list of attached devices? If so, please use the address for the hub shown on your router with /settings after it to confirm the current settings.

With the latest update to the Hub Pro, you should be able to see the Hub's current firmware on:

http://connect.insteon.com/getinfo.asp

***Be aware that if you have had other model of Hubs installed, you will most likely see them on the list as well, but it should not be causing any issues.

Comment

Your Device's Firmware s:1.0.7|c:5.0.6
          whats the latest ?

Comment

Working...
          X