hub and light switches not seeing each other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hub and light switches not seeing each other

I have a insteon hub 2412n that I am just not getting around to setting up. I installed light switches earlier and when I go to make a scene with them they will not see each other as far as I can tell. I go into the scene and hit add then I go to the switch and press it for 3 seconds. The switch beeps and the white light blinks. The hub does nothing as far as I can tell. The hub and the switch are in the same room.
    rkshack

So I plugged in a lamp module into a separate plug in the room and everything works well. If I unplug it everything stops working.

Comment

The LampLinc is, effectively, bridging the opposite legs of your three-wire, single-phase electric supply (two legs supplying 220/240VAC and a center tap, the neutral for 110/120VAC). BTW, lighting and outlets are usually on different circuits, often on opposite legs, too.
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I thought used radio when possible?

Comment

RF is more easily interfered with than powerline signals. It's not unusual to find moving an object hinders or helps. Sometimes rotating a device 90ยบ changes things.
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
          Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
          X