Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Serial Modem 2234-422

Greetings all:
    I am a beta tester in Italy. I just received a Serial Modem model: 2234-422. The instructions say to plug the serial modem into my router, using only the cables provided. The cable is RJ45 on one end and a pin female connector on the other end. No router that I know has a 9 pin connector (serial rs232 ?). I am confused, it says it is a serial modem, but serial to what? How does it get a network connection?

If anyone has used one of these units, please tell me what it is supposed to do and how. Is this like a powerlinc modem, and if so, what are the API's. Is it going to read raw insteon data off the mains?

Many thanks!

That sounds like a new part number I can't find yet.
    If it has a RJ45 connector on one end of the cable and a DB9 connector. That cable sounds like the one supplied with the 2413S PLM .
    Is the RJ45 jack on the module labeled with a signal type.

I had seen reports that some had modified a HUB to use it as a serial PLM. Maybe you got a Beta Prototype and the instruction sheet was not updated to match the test unit.

Comment

Likely....but if it is a serial signal can I guess 9600-n-1 ?

Comment

If it is similar to the serial PLM. It is 19,200,N,8,1
        The PLM and Insteon Developers notes are now available to users.
        http://www.insteon.com/developer/#devdocs

I believe I saw your post in the Smarthome Forums and had replied.
        Look at your RJ45 end of the cable. If it has three wires connected to it. It is probably the same cable Smarthome has used for many serial products they made over the years.
        Last edited by BLH; 04-03-2015, 03:43 PM. Reason: Correct Serial Settings.

Comment

Working...
        X