Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

insteon hub blue light off

This post is not a question rather solution which worked for me

I have purchased insteon kit 2 days ago... and after a day it start malfunctioning.
    ​Suddenly I lost connection to half of my sensors (5 so far) and could not reconnect them...
    ​when trying to reconnect led on hub was green as suppose to... but when hub was idle light was not blue... there was no light at all or blue was fast blinking for few seconds...

​After reading few post... blue light is required ... it means that hub is communicating thru power line... so try to connect directly to outlet... this actually did not help me
    ​solution was different ...I disconnected Ethernet line and only with power cord I was connecting hub to all outlets in my townhouse.... sure enough I find one in basement on which blue light was solid like brand new... after this all problems solved...reconnected sensors with no issue...
    ​I think this outlet in basement is on completely different breaker... if this info will help
    ​one more think to mention I did also factory reset... but this did not helped....blue light was still not coming upstairs....
    ​After some time I will try to reinstall hub upstairs again I have better router there....so if someone can explain this please.
    ​I hope this info will help ...
    ​Now hub is working like charm.... I will see for how long...

Working...
X