No announcement yet.

Daylight Savings Time still isn't working correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If nothing else works and you have a 2013 Hub (not the new one), then you can enter the Hub configuration from http://<hub-ipaddress>:<port>/network.htm
    You can see some more detailed information than in the phone/W8 Hub apps and in principle set the Hub Lat/Long coordinates, UTC offset, etc. manually. This is the suggestion I got a year ago, when the Sunset/Sunrise time were incorrect on my Hub. It worked for me a year ago. Please note that at least in my Hub the Lat/Long coordinates shown in the Hub point to the middle of a lake in China even after you set them manually to your location and save. I guess it's just a bug that loads a set of default coordinates when displaying the page, because in the apps my location is correctly identified.

Comment

I continue to have this issue. I do not have an Android device to set my time. How can I correct this using Windows Phone or Windows App with the Hub v2 ?

Comment

I have the problem of the time on the HUB model # 2245-222 is stuck on Pacific Time Zone and will not change. I live in the Central Time Zone. I would like it to be the correct Time Zone and the correct Daylight Savings Time. How can I correct this using a Windows Phone Insteon App or my SurfacePro2 Windows Tablet Computer?

Is there an update to this problem?
        Last edited by KevinRush; 09-21-2015, 03:35 PM.

Comment

DST setting is a little tricky. I have found that setting my location, (only works with the Android app or ios app) and then toggling the DST option on and off will usually get the local time correct.

Comment

Yes, this is what I do, I toggle the DST option on and off and it fixes the 1 hour offset difference...

Comment

Hilarious. Just got an email the other day about a workaround to "fix" this issue. I received a similar e-mail around this time last year. It's going to be almost 2 years and this issue still hasn't been resolved.

Comment

Here it is, November 2016 - and the thing still can't get daylight savings time right. My cellphones, my PCs, my GPS-equipped car all get it right. This is a web-connected device - and there are web services that give dates of DST on and off. Please get some competent programmers, and fix this once and for all!

Comment

2017 and this is still an issue. JFC guys...

Comment

Originally posted by dhstraayer View Post
                    Here it is, November 2016 - and the thing still can't get daylight savings time right. My cellphones, my PCs, my GPS-equipped car all get it right. This is a web-connected device - and there are web services that give dates of DST on and off. Please get some competent programmers, and fix this once and for all!
                    Here it is, November 2017 - and ... .
                    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
                    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
                    X