Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Hub does not detects the devices

Hi all,

I am quite a new user in this world of domotics. Short time ago I started the installation of few micro dimmers at home successfully to control the lights. Now, I'm trying to use an Insteon Hub to control them through the Android phone app. I follow all the procedure to setup the Hub with no problem. However, at the time of searching for the devices, I cannot detect none of them following the standard methods (press the 'set' button of the device while hub is searching for it, or input the device ID).

To detect a wired in module I should press and hold the 'set' button from the device and from the Hub too, like when you pair an Insteon receiver with a controller. Then the hub start to test the device, but after the third test it fails and ask me to retry. Another method that allows me to go a set further to add a device is to search it as "Other Insteon Device". I press and hold the 'set' button from the device and from the Hub and after some seconds the new device appears on the list. However there is no way to control it and the status appears as unknown.

Have you face anything similar?? Any idea on how to solve this issue?

I'm using the Hub version 4.8A Build Feb 08 013

Thanks in advance!

Josep

I have been having a variety of issues with my HUB I (2242-222). For example, trouble adding new inline modules, trouble adding existing devices to scenes, etc. I have ~44 Insteon devices being controlled using the Insteon for Hub Android & iOS apps.
    INSTEON Hub Details
    Alert 2.6 YF
    PLM:9C
    Firmware:4.8A Build Feb 08 2013
    ID:1E.BD.07

When I check the buffstatus I receive the following. Should I update the firmware with the .bin file from your 1-14-15 post TFitz? This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
    <response>
    <BS>
    020006026225832205190006026226E95805190006025026E9 581EBD0725000002622480450519000602502480451EBD072B
    </BS>

</response>

Comment

Thanks for your answer TFitzpatri8, but I already tried so with no success. I'm able to upload the file, but at the time of perform the "Test unit" it sais that there is a problem.
      By the way, I notice that there is something strange with the hub because the ID that is showing in my Android application is not the same that the ID printed in the hub label.

Comment

Working...
      X