Hub - Port Forwarded Correctly, App Connects ... but No Status, No Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub - Port Forwarded Correctly, App Connects ... but No Status, No Control

I recently (finally) went through the process of adding port forwarding to my router, to allow remote access to my Hub. It was straight-forward (I do this for a lot of other devices).

​Now, I can remotely connect to the Hub - everything logs in fine on my WP8 app - but the status of devices never changes (they stay orange). Nor can I actually control (toggle) a device on/off.

​Am I missing something, like an additional port (besides 25105) that should be forwarded to the hub? The online documentation (one of many versions) that I found seems to indicate that I should be off and running.

Thanks!

Can you control the device from you LAN (WiFi device)?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Yes, I can, without issue. That's what makes me think they might be using two ports, but I can't (yet) discern what other one.

Comment

There is only one port. Which Hub do you have, 2242 or 2245?
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

#2422-222R ... running the first "okay" version of firmware (per the Insteon "recall" notice I found earlier today).

Comment

The 2242 requires that you manually forward the port in your router. See: Settings, About INSTEON App, Remote Access Guide. BTW, you do not need to use the default port.

Comment

I am forwarding 25105 to it (both UDP and TCP). I set this up manually in my router (running DD-WRT).

Comment

Quick follow-up - for what it's worth, I might not have been giving my phone enough time to load the status. Yesterday, I tried to access the hub via my phone, put down the phone and walked away for a few minutes, and came back to find the status updated. I could then also control it.

​So, FWIW, this thing and/or the app is just very, very slow. It doesn't look like there's any hope for much in terms of updates, for performance boosts (or IFTTT support).

Thanks for your help, stusviews.

Comment

Working...
                X