Migrating from Hub 1 to Hub 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Migrating from Hub 1 to Hub 2

Sorry if this is explained somewhere, but I haven't found an answer so far and would prefer not to blindly mess up my installation. I have an installation based on Hub 1 and just got a new Hub 2. Is there an official way of smoothly migrating from one to the other or do I have to redo everything from scratch? Thanks for any suggestion.

Well, the reason to migrate for me is exactly the improved range. I have a couple of door sensor that I cannot make work with the 2012 Hub, they seem to be just out of range and are seen by the hub as always open. I tried changing batteries, re-registering them several times, but no chance. However, just a couple of metres closer and they work fine. It could also be some interference, but I've no idea how else to solve this. Also, there are a few other things I'd like to install in the garden and they would apparently be beyond the 2012 Hub range. The 2014 Hub did seem a good solution, but I don't like the idea of removing and re-registering all existing devices. Although it's not more than an afternoon worth of work, I was trying to find a way to avoid it if possible.

Comment

Working...
    X