Lost connection to Hub.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost connection to Hub.

Hey the app worked great until I left my home. Now it will not connect. I get an Error msg... Connection to Hub has been lost, please resolve than tab OK. How do I resolve lost connection? I hit OK and the circle spins for a while and error msg comes back. I guess if you never take your phone out of range you are golden

Settings, About INSTEON App, Remote Access Guide
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Where do I find Hub to change settings? I looked under wifi settings looked on my home network and did a search for it.

Comment

Follow the instructions for your particular router.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I, too, have "lost connection to hub." This however, without even leaving my house. Same question as OP's: how do I resolve?

Comment

Having the same problem as soon as I try the initial setup of my Hub 2. Any solution?

Comment

For those iphone users, I got a solution...When you connect to the hub and scan the QR code, ignore the error message (dont close it either). Let the update download and install and wait until the circle icon turns into a red X. Once that happens, force close the app (double click the home button and swipe up to close the app). Reopen the app and everything should connect just fine. Insteon help told me they must have a bug, I have to agree...

Comment

tsp10's instructions saved me the torture of a support call. Much thanks.

Comment

I called in on the 26th and basically we resolved the initial setup with this same method... we waited like 5mins, then force closed the iPad app... and voila. So +1 for tsp10's method.

Comment

I was having the same problems with a hub1 (via LAN access) so a couple of observations and changes that seem to have helped... somewhat;

The windows8 app was also installed on my pc as part of my first call to tech support because my initial attempts to connect using the android app were completely unsuccessful both before and during the support call.

Installing the win8 app and connecting the Win8 app to the hub seemed to "kickstart" the connection process.

Restarting the android app after the above, I was then able complete the android app login and connection to the hub

However, after repeated problems both connecting to the hub or having the software report that was connected to the hub and then not being able to send commands, I configured my netgear router to assign a fixed ip address to the Hub

After setting up the fixed ip address, I reset the Hub by pressing the reset button on power up until a tone was heard (I did not go any further)

I confirmed that the Hub was connected to the LAN using the new ip address and that it the hub responded to pings.

I was then able to install devices and control them using the android app.

After setting up the fixed ip address, I have not had any further "hub not found" problems

However, even after each successful connect entering the android app, the first attempts to control devices (all x10 at the moment) all fail (could this be a very long initialization problem?) but after the first successful control event, subsequent control is possible... until the app is shutdown and restarted.

Hope that this information is helpful,
                    Beverly Howard

Comment

tsp10's instructions also worked for me. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X