Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else still getting random beeping from Hub (FW 1014)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else still getting random beeping from Hub (FW 1014)?

Over the past few months, I've been getting what I can only describe as a random beep from my Hub 2245-222. Pretty sure it started around December when v1013 was pushed out; I know that update had some issues with the Hub LED turning red, and an initial beeping session as it verified(?) links after the update.

When the release notes for v1014 came out a couple weeks ago, it mentioned:
    "We've also updated the behavior of the front LED such that it will not show red while polling device status and the beeper will not double-beep on a failed status (both were introduced in version 1013)."

I was kind of excited, as I thought this might solve my issues, but it has not. My hub is on v1014, but it occasionally beeps, and the LED turns red for 5-10 seconds. This behavior occurs maybe once an hour, not on any schedule, but does seem to occur when more occupants are home. I haven't been able to specifically tie it to Insteon signal traffic or any particular Insteon device. I do not have any third party devices, such as ISY, Alexa, or Google Home, just Insteon switches, modules, and hub.

I haven't performed any troubleshooting steps yet, other than unplugging the hub and plugging it back in. As the behavior is so random and I have 38 devices, I'm not keen on doing a bunch of device isolation over an intermittent and semi-infrequent beep.

Is there any diagnostic logging I can access to see if it's a failing or out of range device, or some other broken Insteon link that is perturbing my hub? Any other ideas on how I might figure this issue out? Maybe I need to just wait until the next firmware update?

Note - very little has changed with my system for 1.5 years, other than adding/removing some modules for holiday lighting. All of the current scenes and devices were in place for some period of time with no issues. I am nearly certain the beeping behavior started with firmware v1013.

It's a good thing the Hub is in the office at one end of the house, if it was in the bedroom or living room, it would be unplugged by now.

All systems, including the Hub app (iOS, latest) work just fine, although I note that I seem to get a few more occasional yellow circles in the app than I used to when first opening a page of devices. The yellow 'unknown' status usually goes away after a refresh and device status is reported correctly.

The beeping and red/green/green, etc., were added with 1013, I believe. Both should have been removed with 1014. In fact, my release hub is now at 1014 and I do not have the beeping or LED color change. If it is still doing it.... I haven’t seen it or heard it ...:-) They need to fix the staged hubs now too.
    Charlie O. iPhone XS MAX / iPad Pro 3 - 178 Insteon devices

Comment

I have been experiencing the beep and red LED at least 2 to 3 times per day since v.1014 was pushed in late February. I have also been hearing more "device not responding, check your Insteon hub" reports from Alexa since the latest FW update.
      ---------------------------------------
      Jim
      Samsung Galaxy (Android):
      - Tab 7 (2.3.5 Gingerbread)
      - Tab 10.1 (4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich)
      - Note 10.1 (4.1.2 Jelly Bean)
      - Note Pro 12.2 (5.1.1 Lollipop)
      - J3 Sky TracFone (6.0.1)
      Netgear C6300 Gateway Router / Time Warner Cable
      50 Insteon / 28 X10 / 2 IP Cameras
      Hub 1 (failed 2017)
      Hub 2 (2014)
      Amazon Echo, Echo Dot (2), Show

Comment

Yes, I am definitely still getting red lights and random beeping on my hub2 I have verified I have 1014 and that no further updates are available.
        iPhone 6s iOS 9.3.2 - Insteon 1.13.1 Build 317
        LG G3 Android 5.1.1 - Insteon Stage App 1.8.9 Build 210
        LG G Pad Android 5.1.1 - Insteon Stage App 1.8.9 Build 210
        No Root, No Jailbreak, all device completely stock

Stage Hub2-V04 FW 5697

Comment

I can confirm that FW v1015 fixed my issues completely. If anyone is still having troubles with the hub beeping unexpectedly, submit a ticket to Insteon support!

Comment

Working...
          X