does hub have capability to count down "on" time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does hub have capability to count down "on" time

trying to find out how to set up a off/on switch with insteon hub so that person can turn on the light and it will turn itself off after a predetermined time (3 mins) .
    i realize that i can do this with a motion sensor, but this is not really a good option.

Nope. The hub does not have any conditional capabilities. With that said, you can download the strigify app, connect your hub to the account and use that to set a countdown.

Comment

i do not believe this can be done in the home app and it cant be done in the insteon app either... i agree its really a needed update and should be included as an option in part of a scene.. for example when i trigger scene good night the lights from family room to our bedroom go off in the sequence that we walk through them on our way to bed.. it also turns on our bedroom entry lights so we can see out way in... but it should be able to be programmed to then turn the lights that were turned on back off after a programmed amount of time..

Comment

Originally posted by mpress View Post
        i do not believe this can be done in the home app and it cant be done in the insteon app either... i agree its really a needed update and should be included as an option in part of a scene.. for example when i trigger scene good night the lights from family room to our bedroom go off in the sequence that we walk through them on our way to bed.. it also turns on our bedroom entry lights so we can see out way in... but it should be able to be programmed to then turn the lights that were turned on back off after a programmed amount of time..
        It can be done by connecting the hub to the stringify app.

Comment

Working...
        X