PC App Not Showing HD Camera Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC App Not Showing HD Camera Picture

I have an HD Camera (2864-22x) connected directly to my router with a RJ45 cable (not WiFi). It's attached to my Hub as a device. On the iPhone app I can see the camera as a device, and I can view its picture and pan and tilt. On the PC app (1.2.1.18) I can see the camera as a device, but the picture never comes through (spinning circle of dots is all I get). When I click on the device, the app shows the device configuration screen for a fraction of a second, then crashes. You should know that I originally had great difficulty when I first turned on the camera during my initial attempts to link to the Hub. At one point I ended up with three cameras in the PC app, one of which did show pictures correctly, but the other two crashed the app when selected. I couldn't delete those cameras from the PC app, but was able to get rid of them from the iPhone app. Perhaps that history has confused the cloud configuration. Anyone have ideas of what to try next?

The Windows app for the Hub does not support the HD camera at this time.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Yes, it dose suport, buy not all of them. Four of may five cameras are HD. Maybe revision of the camera is the reason why.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

stuviews was a pillar of this forum, and he will be missed. He was the only one who answered my request above, and I appreciated that. In his memory, I resubmit my query. After two years, the PC app still does not support Insteon 720p cameras. Should I move on from Insteon products? If no one answers, I think the answer is yes. Dead product, I presume.

Comment

I have the HD Insteon Indoor cameras appear on my Windows 10 app and they work. I also have it working with the Indoor SD cams and the old silver bullet outdoor HD cams and the newer (although discontinued, as a matter of fact all outdoor cams are discontinued) white HD cams. They all show video when clicked on. I am using port forwarding on all my cams and not the p2p setup.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
          X