Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini-remote 2342-2 v1.4 no longer working in the app correctly

Hello,

A couple of weeks ago I have suddenly realized that the app seems to support now this nice 8-button remote. So I have created two scenes, assigned them to the buttons, everything worked fine. I have removed them from my MisterHouse configuration and planned to migrate the rest to the "new way". Just tried to create another scene and assign another remote button to it. No luck. The app has started showing this remote as 4-button one. When creating the scene, it does not even offer to select the button as before. If I go to "Edit Device" and check the documentation, it actually shows this remote as 4-scene one. Weird. No app updates recently....Any suggestions?

What are you using as an Insteon manager, a Hub (which one), an ISY, something else? What were/are you using to interface MisterHouse with Insteon devices? What's the "new way?"
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

The 4 button and 8 button remote looks a like. Include a picture and those on here can help figure out which one you are using. The 4 button has up/down arrows on them if that helps.

Comment

I am using the Hub - primarily. I also have Misterhouse running, it covers the things that the Hub cannot do. Plus I keep it as a backup option when the app starts failing. Misterhouse also talks to the hub. By "new way" I meant doing as much as I can from the Insteon app. Until they introduced the support for this mini-remote, the app was not an option to configure it.

lilyoyo1 - this is 2342-2, 8-button remote. I've been using it for a while, I know what it is Not to mention that it did work correctly before.

I have found a workaround - I have removed this remote from all scenes, then removed it from the app. It actually did have troubles removing it so I had to "force remove" it. Then after adding it back, it was correctly recognized as 8-button mini remote. I was able to add it to all the scenes I needed. Next time if the app "forgets" about the type of this device again I will switch back to Misterhouse.

Comment

Good to hear that it's working, but why do you use both MisterHouse and the Hub. I know you indicated that MisterHouse can do things the Hub can't, but can the Hub do things that MisterHouse can't?
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
          Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
          X