How lame that the insteon+ app still doesnt work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How lame that the insteon+ app still doesnt work

Bought a new Homekit hub and tried to set it up last week, can't sign in, says the email or password is wrong. I know it's not as it works in the other insteon app and via web. It's now been 8 days and it still doesnt work, called tech support and vaguely understood from the tech that it's a known issue and that there is no estimated time to fix. Love that I dropped over 200 on the new hub and the garage sensor to not be able use it at all.

Just because a login works in one place is no guarantee that it'll work in another. Ask support to reset your Hub and post that result.
    Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
    MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
    Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum.

Comment

Already did that, I called them and they acknowledged there is a problem with the app.

Comment

Same here.
        i reallt dont understand why such a big company as insteon cant fix this

Comment

Could not agree more. I just ordered Chamberlain's MyQ Home Bridge which is Homekit compatible. It was only $50 so you might want to consider that instead? I've had the Homekit enabled Insteon Hub Pro for a little less than a year and upon installing everything customer support told me the app doesn't work and I should use Homekit instead. I wasn't terribly disappointed because I wanted to use Homekit anyway. However, what is disappointing is the fact they advertise the product using the Insteon + app and yet you can't even use it. That all being said, minus a few hiccups a reboot couldn't handle I've been pretty happy with it so far.

Comment

It should work now. Somebody at Insteon deactivated the apps API key by accident as they thought it was being used maliciously and didn’t check if it belonged to any of their own apps.

Comment

Working...
            X