Removing a Scene from Keypad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing a Scene from Keypad

Hi All - new to Insteon and the Forum but so far everything works well and is very cool. Hoping someone can help me with something relatively simple - I think. I initially programmed my 8 button keypad with a scene and now I would like to change that button to control a different scene. When I try to edit the button there doesn't seem to be a way to remove an existing scene from the button, just "Add Button F to an Existing Scene" and then I end up with the button controlling two scenes. Any ideas?

Delete the devices from the scene. When the last device is removed, the scene will no longer exits.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Get into programming mode: For about 10 seconds, while holding down the "Set" keypad button, wait for the status LED to begin blinking.
      keypad button programming mode: Once, press the button you want to program (such as Button F). When you are in programming mode for that button, the status LED should blink quickly to let you know.
      Take away the current scene: For roughly 5 seconds, press and hold the "Set" button. Once the button has been freed from any scene associations, the status LED will flash twice.
      Last edited by INSTEON John; 07-21-2023, 12:30 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Yes. Place your cursor in the Scene Heading and go to Production > Omit Scene. This will place an Omitted notation onto the page.
        Last edited by INSTEON John; 12-30-2023, 04:25 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
        X